Audi s3 alloys help

L3WJX

Reaction score
Hi guys i have some audi s3 alloys on my car and im taking them off as have found some new alloys i think they look fab the tyres on them are 205 40 17 is that any good as on my s3 wheels i have 225/45/17 ?

What do you guys think,also if i stuck s3 alloys up for sale what should i ask for tyres could need changing thanks :)

Lol at that bot... Good job the mods are on it

You need to know the offset, rim diameter and obviously stud pattern to check if they are suitable. But if the are on 205s, I would say they are too narrow

Cheers mate :) this is what the are 4 * 7.5x17" Lenso JL04 Alloy Wheels fitted with 205/40R17 AVON ZZ3 84W tyres

PCD: 5x100 Offset 30 to 45 Bore 57.1

Can any one tell me if there any good for my audi a3 1999 turbo ?

they will be fine on your car if the offset is about et 35, not as wide as I'd want on my s3 but it's only 20mm

Sorry mate it's a normal a3 turbo just had s3 alloys on it,also I'm gonna sell them how much would they be worth cheers guys.

I got a pair of 215/40/17 452's in my boot to be put on tomorrow. I hate the size of the side wall on the standard wheels and there is far to much flex in them too that's whys ive dropped down a size.

Well I'm sure 205 40 17 your not gonna notice a big diff well thanks for help people if somebody can tell me how to upload pics I will do of my new alloys they're called Lenso jl04 put that in google and tell me if u think they will look good on a 3 door black Audi a3 ;-)

You will notice a big difference visual and notice you will have less flex in your tyres in the corners but probably not as comfy lol.

225/45/17 side wall will be 101.25mm high and a 205/40/17 side wall will be 82mm high but probably even less than that as the tyre maybe stretched a bit due to the with of the wheel, will look nice.

To upload a pic you need to copy the IMG file of the pic you want to upload from photobucket or facebook is you have either and just paste it in your post. I think thats how you do it lol, havent uploaded a pic for a while.

Last edited:
Cheers mate might keep them tyres on them for a little while then put 225 45 17 on makes sence :)

There is a thread at the top of the A3/S3 section were you can list your wheels for sale and put a pic up

Post ebay findings and links to your own classifies

if you cant sell them im after some cheap 17" S3 wheels for winter use.....tyres not required as im going for winters ;)