Changing coilpacks on a BAM 225

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Need a quickish answer please, My mate needs his LCR coilpacks changing, are all 4 accessible with just the top engine cover removed, or do I need to take a few more parts off like the fuel rail and charge pipe like on my APY S3? I'm asking, because I only have experience of the bolt down type of coilpacks, not the push down type.

Cheers.

1 and 2 are the easy ones but coilpacks 3 and 4 require the N249 stuff to be removed. (unless he's bypassed it and took it all off)

1 and 2 are the easy ones but coilpacks 3 and 4 require the N249 stuff to be removed. (unless he's bypassed it and took it all off)

Thanks for the reply Sandip, it's a totally standard car mate, I think I know what you are on about, I had to remove fuel rail and charge pipe to change my rocker cover gasket. OK, I guess I will attempt it tomorrow instead of in a bit then.

Cheers.

just the bracket that holds the vac reservoir. dont attempt to pull the vac pipe off it (it will break) just unbolt it off the bracket over the coils. then remover the bracket. all 5mm allen keys/10mm bolts. depending on whos been rounding off the original 5mm allen keys in the cars past and how theyve dodged it........

just the bracket that holds the vac reservoir. dont attempt to pull the vac pipe off it (it will break) just unbolt it off the bracket over the coils. then remover the bracket. all 5mm allen keys/10mm bolts. depending on whos been rounding off the original 5mm allen keys in the cars past and how theyve dodged it........

All sorted mate, done it in the freezing cold, took me about an hour, it was coilpack3 that went, but I changed all 4 for him and took the 3 working ones as payment! :)

He was happy, as he needed to do 120 miles today.