help identifying split pipe (A3 t sport)

martinb!

Reaction score
Website
www.hertsinsurance.com
Hi,

I picked up an A3 T sport yesterday and have noticed that one of the vacuum pipes under the bonnet is split. This is my first 20v T so Im new to these engines so was wondering if anyone could identify what the pipe is so i can order another:

pipe.jpg

pipe1.jpg

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Martin

Hi martin,

welcome to the forum, looks like a pipe from the pcv system, is there a t section(pcv) beneath it?

best bet is to look for a part number on the split pipe then go to the stealers to order a new one.

tom.

or take it off go to dealers and match it up

its the pipe with the one way stop valve on it, ive had the same pipe go, just replaced it with a length of silicone from ebay so hopefully will last alot longer than the original crap!!

cheers for the replies.

popped into my local VW dealership today and they were not sure what the pipe was so suggested i remove it to get the part number.

Took it off tonight and to be honest, it looks like a pipe off another car that has been made to fit judging by how tight the jubilee clips were done to pinch it on and the way it had been cut. Also the Number on it did not look like the correct format part number:

pipe2.jpg

The car was a little lumpy so i have temporarily repaired the pipe with superglue and gaffer tape and it seems a lot better.

Quattro1 - sounds like a good idea and probably a lot cheaper, do you know what sixe i need?

Cheers for the advice.

Martin