Will Team Dynamic 18" fit over S3 brakes?

E5 FUL

Reaction score
Looking at getting some 18" team dynamic pro race alloys (225/40/18). Will they fit over S3/3.2 V6 brakes? If not what's the minimum spacer required?
Cheers!

Team dynamic pro race 1.2 wheels will fit over S3 brakes with no issues. Get the correct offset and you won't need any spacers.
Demon Tweeks have some good deals on TD wheels. A word of warning don't order Hi power silver as a colour on pro race 1.2's .

As desertstorm has said they will be a straight fit and ordering from Demon Tweeks is a good choice as they offer the best price, great customer support, as well as give you lots of delivery options without being messed about like others have found if you buy directly from Team Dynamics.

I just had Anthracite Gloss TD 1.2s (18''/8J/5x112/ET45) fitted to my S3 on Saturday, they look the dogs and sit perfectly with the wheel arches, no need for spacers. DT called up TD for me to see what was recommended of which they said ET45 was the optimum offset and I agree, so I'd advise this to you as you get no rubbing whatsoever (I'm running 225/40/18).

Last edited:
And another vote here.

Mine were sorted and fitted by AMDTuning,and comfortably fit over an AP brake kit.

Do Demon Tweaks order them with CB 57.1 or do you guys use spigot rings?

Do Demon Tweaks order them with CB 57.1 or do you guys use spigot rings?

Demon Tweeks sell them with spigot rings which is what I'm using.

Which offset would be best for fitting over TTRS brakes?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Demon Tweeks sell them with spigot rings which is what I'm using.

Damn, so the only way to get them with CB57.1 is to go direct and live with the cr4ppy service that is well documented online?

Which offset would be best for fitting over TTRS brakes?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I believe @NHN 's are 8J ET45 and they fit...

Damn, so the only way to get them with CB57.1 is to go direct and live with the cr4ppy service that is well documented online?

Email carlh@demon-tweeks.co.uk to see if they sell them with CB57.1, he's very helpful and will find out for you. If not then S3Alex said that he got his from AMD Tuning, so it might be worth seeing if they sell them. Worst case it looks like it's straight to TD unfortunately..

Reactions: Sayam
Cheers for the replies. Reason I'm getting them is I'm currently running some 18" BBS alloys (225/40/18) ET32 and I'm lowered on KW V3 coilovers and the rubbing on the rear is just stupid. I mean I'm pretty low at the minute but the sidewall of the tyre keeps hitting on the outside of the arch on every bump/hard acceleration/hard cornering. I've put the rear as firm as it will go almost and still loads of rubbing.

Found some 18" Pro Race 1.2 alloys with an ET40 going fairly cheap on eBay, was going to pick them up tomorrow but now I'm worrying that I'll still have rubbing if you guys are suggesting ET45???

Found some 18" Pro Race 1.2 alloys with an ET40 going fairly cheap on eBay, was going to pick them up tomorrow but now I'm worrying that I'll still have rubbing if you guys are suggesting ET45???

There's a couple of guys on here running 18'' 8J with 225 tyres but ET42 of which they get some rubbing and so ET40 is going to be the same unfortunately.

£430 for ET40 with slight rubbing or £650 for ET45 with no rubbing. Big choice!

@scotty dugg said on another thread that he gets slight rubbing on the rear with 18'' 8J ET42 alloys and 225 tyres on standard suspension but believes it may only be the screw in the arch which can be removed.

I'm not sure if the extra couple of mm's is enough of a difference for it to become chronic, but when I was searching threads on here for advice when getting mine, I found that people were recommending ET42 as the maximum offset you should go for.

I know nothing at all about offset,but am running 245 x 40 x 18s here and getting clearance was a pain...not for me of course.

225s should be perfectly manageable.

Know what you mean about the screw, rubbing is worse on one side and realised its because the screw is missing from the other side.
Considered rolling arches however with these ET32s they're catching on the edge of the fender rather than the arch liner. Guess I could gamble and get the ET40s, remove the screw and roll the arches?
Problem is I'm off to the Nurburgring with 4 people in my car next week so need to solve this issue ASAP!
But if people are still getting rubbing with ET42s maybe it's worth forking out the extra, getting ET45s and not having to worry about any of this.
Spoke to demon tweeks who said ET45 is a much better fitment for lowered cars but they would say that as they just want my £££

Spoke to demon tweeks who said ET45 is a much better fitment for lowered cars but they would say that as they just want my £££

I was going to Demon Tweeks regardless and when I asked them about getting either ET42 or ET45, they said that they spoke to TD who advised that ET45 would be the optimum offset to go for.

I get that it's an additional 33% to pay but for enjoyment with no rubbing and especially with four people in the car to go to the Nurburgring, I'd recommend going for ET45 bud.

You will be fine with et40, I run et40 on an 8.5" 225tyre and Im rather low and get no rubbing, you will be gaining 8mm clearance over your current setup

I did have major issues with Demon tweeks customer service regarding TD wheels. It took nearly 4 months to get a set for my car. I even started a thread.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...nd-demon-tweeks-poor-customer-service.271461/
They are really good wheels but don't go for hi power silver as a color. Team Dynamics do not offer the pro race 1.2 in Hi power silver because of the issues I suffered from. It's a 3 stage paint process and if it needs rework you end up filling in the inscription on the face of the wheel.
As Demon Tweeks sell so many of these wheels TD make them on a special order basis.
This is the reason why they seem to be able to sell them cheaper than anyone else as thay probably get a good discount.
I bought a set of 17 inch glitter silver wheels direct from Rimstock in Birmingham and as they weren't in stock they were made with the correct CB of 66.5mm for my car. I had no issues at all dealing with Rimstock, but it still took nearly 6 weeks for the wheels to be made.