What's the one thing you preferred on the pre facelift s3? This is mine...

JimboS3

Reaction score
The fog grills! I don't like the bars that go across the honeycombe mesh. The open look of the pre facelift looked much more angry.
To get to this stage was a bit more of a pain in the *** than expected. Hopefully they'll be all fitted up by the end of the day

It's just the angle of the photo's all I've done is removed the bars. It the same grill!

Trial fitted to bumper but needs a little trimming :/ . Mesh all fitted

You have done a great job of filling in the ends Jimbo , looks ace .

Reactions: JimboS3
Sorry batch I wouldn't do these again. I knew it wouldn't be as simple as it looks, but never would have thought it would take so many hours! They are such a snug fit in the bumper that any over hang or build up behind stops them from sitting perfectly. I did allow for this but not enough obviously :( ...nothing that an hour of tweaking won't sort out though. I'm sure il get bored of the look and go back to std at some point and il put them up for sale.
Although I don't do this sort of thing for a job anymore I would say it's professional std, only top quality products were used and were painted in 2pk paint in a booth by a friend I used to work with.

Here's a better before and after pic

Reactions: Jake 61 and MattKeating
Looks a lot better! Is that a new mesh grille or did you re-use the original? Looks a bigger mesh that's all.

Reactions: JimboS3
It's a new mesh. As close as I could find to the original but I wanted larger holes like the older style or rs3

great effort mate well done, ive always thought about doing the whole thing mesh and getting rid of the fogs so its more like the RS models looks more aggresive and code the fogs out via VCDS.

Cheers!

Lewbo this was enough of a pain, you would almost need to make from scratch to do that. I didn't want it to look too far from std.

yes see what you mean, always thought it would look quite good with an RS3 grill, get some pics up of them fittes to yours.

I sold the s3 before I got a chance to fit these. The mesh needs a little trimming on the back to fit snug. And it's not attached to the surrounds now as I removed to trim it but never got round to it.
A lot of work went in to these to make them look factory and to not just break with the slightest flex. Would anyone be interested in buying them still?

collecting dust now! Anyone want to take these on? I'd love to see them on a car

Sorry batch I wouldn't do these again. I knew it wouldn't be as simple as it looks, but never would have thought it would take so many hours! They are such a snug fit in the bumper that any over hang or build up behind stops them from sitting perfectly. I did allow for this but not enough obviously :( ...nothing that an hour of tweaking won't sort out though. I'm sure il get bored of the look and go back to std at some point and il put them up for sale.
Although I don't do this sort of thing for a job anymore I would say it's professional std, only top quality products were used and were painted in 2pk paint in a booth by a friend I used to work with.

Here's a better before and after pic

I thought of doing this and cutting a cold air feed into I think it would look good but unsure if I can squeeze an duct down that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk