Upgrading radio

yoyobang

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to upgrade my Audi A3 concert radio to RNS-E. Can someone tell me if you need to do something else (wires, aerial ...) beside changing it, or you can just unlpug old one, and put in new one? Someone told me that additional wires and changes are required.

Thanks

I don’t want to be rude, but search the forum. This has been discussed many times.

No. It isn’t a simple matter of swapping them over.

Hello!

I want to upgrade my Audi A3 concert radio to RNS-E. Can someone tell me if you need to do something else (wires, aerial ...) beside changing it, or you can just unlpug old one, and put in new one? Someone told me that additional wires and changes are required.

Thanks
hiya pal. we have just upgraded the stereo in a A4 B7 cab, nightmare, but do able. £104 for wires and surround, £20 for thee hi to low box from amazon. this is what made it a work and sound great. the system was half amplified so the rears and door speakers either didn't work or sounded crap.

it should have worked if we used the pre outs on the new radio, but the audi amp didn't like the signal it was getting. bought the BOX and a bit of cutting into the new wring hardness and hey presto sounded mint. then we found out the radio signal was crap, as the audi radio boosted the signal, another £20 and bought a booster lead to connect between the aerial and new radio and again all works great. any issues mate david@aknservices.co.uk