Sold the A3!!!

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
So, I sold the A3 tonight.

Someone came and took it away, and I hope they'll look after it as much as I did.

But I got a new car.

Its got more bhp, its got a bigger engine.

Better brakes, better handling.

In fact, its one of the best handling cars available, some magazines even call it THE best.

Anyone want to guess what I've finally given up the A3 for? And no, its not an S3, its much MUCH faster/quicker/better than that!

Oh, and it was only 5K

come on.. dont keep us waiting!!

You get what you wanted for the a3?

So, I sold the A3 tonight.

Someone came and took it away, and I hope they'll look after it as much as I did.

But I got a new car.

Ooh....

Its got more bhp, its got a bigger engine.

Better brakes, better handling.

That's not helping narrow things down...

In fact, its one of the best handling cars available, some magazines even call it THE best.

Still available?

The best...and for £5k...
Hmm.

JDM ITR?

I didnt buy the Mustang yet as I'm waiting until I get sent to the USA with work, so I can save on import/VAT when bringing it back (If I even come back).

However, I felt I needed something new.

So narrowing it down:

Its RWD
and its got more than 300Bhp as standard.

I didnt buy the Mustang yet as I'm waiting until I get sent to the USA with work, so I can save on import/VAT when bringing it back (If I even come back).

Ahh so it's not you then;there is a Black GT500 around the Aldermaston area that I have seen a few times and I thought it may have been you - obviously not.

Jon & jojo were correct!!!

I have bought a '****** chariot'.

I HATE the image but its a great car.

Interior is as well made as the Audi, although the dash looks dated. Seats are MUCH better though, Vader things with massive side bolsters.

321Bhp and 258ft.lbs, and its VASTLY different in delivery from the A3/S3, torque is flat, no curve to it, so its a bit weird at first.

Handling is as you would expect, staggered wheels, 8" in front and 9" out back and its perfect, even with original suspension at 92K miles, so as soon as I put the bilsteins on, it should be amazing.

Brakes are 1000x better than A3/S3 brakes.

As for price, I actually did a direct swap for the Audi, so it cost me nothing.

m3qw7.jpg

Ahh so it's not you then;there is a Black GT500 around the Aldermaston area that I have seen a few times and I thought it may have been you - obviously not.

Nah, but I know whos it is :)

I'm actually considering the 2009 Dodge Challnger instead of the 'stang. But I may not even come back to the UK once work send me away, so its all to be decided at some point in the future.

If you like cars you will go broke in America, any part can be had within a day, if not instantly...However, Yanks know little next to nothing when it comes to modding 'quality' cars - bar Jap cars perhaps, (you will spend most of your time on European websites and mags looking for ideas) and most Yanks are as dull as dishwater!!! I based this on 8 years of living there...Good luck though mate....

No offence to any Americans, of course, considering my wife is American! :)

Have you got any pictures on the A3 Dave, I remember some one raving about it on here, but I don't think I actually remember seeing it?

bottom pic looks better,but a lovely car good luck with the m3 dave.

I thought m3 but never thought they could be had for so cheap.

looks nice, love the colour. well done!!

i know a 17 yr old lad whos just bought a evo 8 mr 320 i think and his insurance is £10,000!!!!!

Jon & jojo were correct!!!

I have bought a '****** chariot'.

I HATE the image but its a great car.

Interior is as well made as the Audi, although the dash looks dated. Seats are MUCH better though, Vader things with massive side bolsters.

321Bhp and 258ft.lbs, and its VASTLY different in delivery from the A3/S3, torque is flat, no curve to it, so its a bit weird at first.

Handling is as you would expect, staggered wheels, 8" in front and 9" out back and its perfect, even with original suspension at 92K miles, so as soon as I put the bilsteins on, it should be amazing.

Brakes are 1000x better than A3/S3 brakes.

As for price, I actually did a direct swap for the Audi, so it cost me nothing.

m3qw7.jpg

Lovely, is Estoril Blue is it? Those wheels wouldn't be my first choice though Dave.

So now the Pub talk is that you own what essentially is half an McLaren F1 road car engine! :cool:

As for the engine itself, needs winding up to make it go, and when it in the zone, boy does it WANT to go!
:racer:

Aye, Standard 5 spoke Motorsport wheels will be going on (The ones from the older M3, not the 10 spoke sunflower ones on Evos as standard).

And those M5 reps will have the 18" Michelin Slicks I have sat in garage shoved on, and it shall do many, many track days :)

Dave, how did you manage to swap your A3 for that?? you were only looking for 4k for your A3 wasn't you? Surly even with a 100k on the clock M3's are worth more, nice ones still go for 8-10k

Great swap though!!

Dave, how did you manage to swap your A3 for that?? you were only looking for 4k for your A3 wasn't you? Surly even with a 100k on the clock M3's are worth more, nice ones still go for 8-10k

Great swap though!!

Because its a 318i

Just been out for a play. With 9" rear wheels theres LOADS of grip, like I couldnt even get it to start to break traction.

If you rev it, like to 7500rpm it makes that noise every M3 makes, like a bag of spanners falling down a fire escape. I'm told all M3s do this. Sounds rubbish :)

Given that there is LOADS on pistonheads for under 5K, I'd say they are EASILY the best performing car you're going to get under 10K, nevermind 5K.