Personal plates opinions:

OVRA3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I respect people's opinions here and wonder what you guys think of personalised plates I know a few of you have them and I've got a opportunity to buy OVR70N my surname is Overton.

What do you think of the plate and what's your opinions on personalised plates?

Cheers

For your surname I'd say that plate was absolutely spot on. You'd be mad not to :)

Reactions: OVRA3
Me my wife and my son all have one. That one seems perfect i would have that straight away if i was you !

Personally I like them, a bit of individuality I think. Its something you can spend a lot of money on but at the same time you can find a cheaper one that looks the part. Nice plate though, matches nicely.

I just like them as I always have the same plate to remember.... always handy when the police ask you... :lol:

I've had the same reg for 15 years now....

Just remember not to get ambitious with the spacings as the Old bill might feel your collar and slap a £1000 fine on you.:rulez:

Capture

I have a couple of plates, I like'em.

DVLA, or a company who has paid to have my number so they can plague me with texts, often text me offering me deals on new registrations.

A couple of days ago they text me the following...

30% off selected number plates at Regtransfers.co.uk. MH 7 now £48996. More online. Call 01582967777, 8am - 10pm. To stop texts reply stop

I mean sure, call it 48k cash? Jesus.

Yours is good though. buy it :)

My uncles got it on retention it's less than a grand maybe give it to my boy in 18 years that's what I was thinking?

Go for it. Like others said mad not to.
Plus side is people will know if they know you and to other meaningless.

(Just like mine CO54 MCA. I'll let u work it out haha)

Do it....

I have a weird surname, Borrill. I got the plate B20 RRL. Got it for £450 about 3 years ago. Your name / plate is pretty spot on like mine!

:D

Well gents for once it looks unanimous! Ill have a chat with my uncle! Glad you all approve! :)

Deal done the plate is mine! Mooohhaaaaaaa :)

Reactions: the_cueball
An Audi isn't an Audi with a private plate tbh. Always amazes me, people spend thousands fitting facelifts, S3 kits, led drls etc, and rock about with a old *** reg, negating all the work they did to make it look newer.

Aslong as they are clearly private plates, and not played with too much to make them read stuff, and in standard fonts, they are good.
But when it's something like FX59 CJS, no one knows the last bit is your initials, your friends probably wouldn't even notice.

I love them. Hide the age of the car (in my case), very individual mod and can be a life long thing. I've run them on my last 3 cars and also bought one for the missus's motor the other day too.

Get it bought!

Really pleased with it I've never had one before and love the idea and it wasn't expensive! A very happy bunny! Thanks for all your opinions made the decision easy! :)

i have J14 FLA, JIM FLANNAGAN

I've had mine for about 9 years now...

N18 OON

DTUK pressed plates soon to be ordered :sly:

I think they are a potentially sound investment - Private plates are definately the one mod that will never go out of fashion :yahoo:

Mine is WJ05 HEY ill let you figure it out!

Although im looking into a different one now!

Really pleased with it I've never had one before and love the idea and it wasn't expensive! A very happy bunny! Thanks for all your opinions made the decision easy! :)

Nice one - well done. I have two cars with personal plates and think the cars look great with them, also it adds a bit of individuality to the cars:sly:

As you may have gathered from my forum name I have H5 DJR as my personal plate and my wife has H5 JHR on her A1. Some people definitely do a double take when they see both cars together. I purchased my plate direct from the DVLA in 1991 when they first allowed you to purchase one that was being issued for that year. I paid £230 including the £80 transfer fee. Best mod ever. It has now been on 13 different cars, 12 Audis (8 of them A3s) and 1 VW Golf VR6.

I've got SB51 BUZ as SB are my initials and BUZ has been my nickname since I was 7 and what everyone knows me by. You couldn't get BUZ on the old style plates so once I could choose my plate with DVLA I had to have it! £245 all in 5 years ago and it will stay with me forever so easily worth the money, oh and it now looks fantastic on my 2012 S3 :icon_thumright:

I've got D6GVL and my Dad has D3GVL, he's looking to buy D8GVL soon to put on his weekend car,

Surname is Degville so I think its quite good