People with upgraded headunits

JoeD

Reaction score
Terry%2520Tibbs.jpg
TALK TO ME!

Can you post a picture of your head unit. Would like to see if there are any oem looking HU's besides the becker. Cheers!

I find jvc do backlights that you can change to a few diffrent ones, one being orange :) is it just me that feels sad for posting on asn?lol suppose once the turkeys gone and pritty rated theres not much else to doe :) merry crimbo by the way lol

Reactions: deeman88
Iv got that one in black with red button. Looks great

Wasn't sure when I bought it how well it would look in the dash but its not too bad tbh... was gonna get the black one but this was offered to me at a price I could not refuse so was worth a punt..

<tuffty/>

Quick question guys,

I've been considering a new headunit for a while. Thing is, I have an x carlink for iPhone and Bose with cd changer in the boot. What will I loose by fitting an aftermarket HU? I don't care for loosing cd changer. But I'd like to keep sub/amp (Bose) and iPhone link.

Is it possible? Also, is it possible with that HU pictured? Looks smart!

Also, merry Christmas to you all

A good few a4 owner's including myself have done it.
I'm fairly sure it's possible on at least some a3's.

I got a Sendai bluetooth unit from Halfords.
it don't look fancy but the red LED matches the audis and got a good rang of extras on it.
Aux in, sd card, usb, bluetooth, mp3 and radio.
oo it also comes with a remote.

IMAG0817.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question guys,

I've been considering a new headunit for a while. Thing is, I have an x carlink for iPhone and Bose with cd changer in the boot. What will I loose by fitting an aftermarket HU? I don't care for loosing cd changer. But I'd like to keep sub/amp (Bose) and iPhone link.

Is it possible? Also, is it possible with that HU pictured? Looks smart!

Also, merry Christmas to you all

I used an Autoleads PC9-408 adaptor which is a speaker line adaptor for ages and sounded much better than the original Bose setup... there was a very small thump on startup but tbh I never really noticed it after a while and was only after listening out for it I heard it...

My setup is a bit different now of course but the head unit with an Andy Mac Stealth Sub is a really nice setup...

If you want iPhone then you need the Bluetooth module I think... my unit is an earlier one so don't think it will work with it but I only wanted it for my iPod anyway...

<tuffty/>

If you have full Bose then get the Autoleads PC9-410 kit. I've got the PC9-408 and it's crap. The Bose amp trips and cuts all sound after every 20-60 seconds!

Has anyone got any pics of a double din HU in a3/s3s? I have one but am struggling to find a facia plate.

Has anyone got any pics of a double din HU in a3/s3s? I have one but am struggling to find a facia plate.
There isn't a fascia made for double din units. You need the whole cage and the double din will fit straight in I think. Some places do say the A4 double din fascias fit, this isn't true and they'll need modifying to fit.

If you have full Bose then get the Autoleads PC9-410 kit. I've got the PC9-408 and it's crap. The Bose amp trips and cuts all sound after every 20-60 seconds!

Must have been unlucky mate... mine was faultless... in fact it was only because I had an Andy Mac sub and amps etc sat in the loft for months waiting to be fitted that eventually swayed me away from it...

I think I ran the factory Bose system via the PC9-408 off the Alpine headunit for 18 months before I eventually sorted my self out and cracked on with the full install..

<tuffty/>

No red on mine unfortunately, but it's all white which does me ok..

4be1aa5d.jpg

i have the pre facelift dash has anyone converted the dash into this one?

or do i have to chamge complete dash over???

rad.jpg

This is mine. I had full Bose and tried all the leads and adapters out there, but I could not live with the popping on start up and the frankly rubbish sound. So I upgraded all the speakers with alpine ones and ran them off the head unit, and then put an AndyMac sub and amp in the boot and now it is amazing. Plus OEM look i think especially with the red colours, and by far one of the best stereos I have ever owned.

rad.jpg

This is mine. I had full Bose and tried all the leads and adapters out there, but I could not live with the popping on start up and the frankly rubbish sound. So I upgraded all the speakers with alpine ones and ran them off the head unit, and then put an AndyMac sub and amp in the boot and now it is amazing. Plus OEM look i think especially with the red colours, and by far one of the best stereos I have ever owned.

Like both of these

i have the pre facelift dash has anyone converted the dash into this one?

or do i have to chamge complete dash over???

Must have been unlucky mate... mine was faultless... in fact it was only because I had an Andy Mac sub and amps etc sat in the loft for months waiting to be fitted that eventually swayed me away from it...

I think I ran the factory Bose system via the PC9-408 off the Alpine headunit for 18 months before I eventually sorted my self out and cracked on with the full install..

<tuffty/>

I've been unlucky with the installation of my new head unit! I've tried 2 autoleads adapters so far, both crap, so after work i'm off to Halfords to buy the Autoleads PC9-410 as Andy Mac recommended to me. My 2x12" subs will going back in aswell with a better box and i'm gonna make the boot look nicer :)

Big shout to Andy Mac though, he knows too much about the Audi Bose systems and has helped me alot with this:salute:

Last edited:
Can u sync iPod via blutooth on this head unit

You sure can, streams really well and controls the tracks etc from the HU. It's the best hands free i've ever had in a car too (including the OEM one in an 8P) and the voice control for selecting contacts or choosing music actually works without shouting at it. I've got a 500gb portable hard disc connected so I have all of my music in the car.

It also uses bluetooth to connect to the iPhone's 3G for google maps etc.