Order Arrived, Absolute Torture!

Cairnsy13

Reaction score
I ordered my S3 3 Door on the 14th of November, was told build week 1 of next year and I should receive delivery around the middle to the end of February sometime, well my car has arrived at Ayr Audi as of yesterday. Most people would be ecstatic at the thought of getting the car 2 months early but I'm not (to my salesmans disbelief :whistle2:). Basically I won't have my deposit until February, which is why I decided to go for a factory order car as I was told it would take longer, but now the cars arrived only 6 weeks after ordering I'm now stuck...it's sitting at the garage with nowhere to go. My main worry is if it sits there for 2 months until the 1st of March, will it be alright? There won't be anyone turning the engine over or stopping the brakes from rusting etc and I'd hate to see the state of the paint after sitting outside for all that time :puke2: I guess what I'm asking is that will they look after it? Or do I need to invest in a car cover to give them haha

I ordered my S3 3 Door on the 14th of November, was told build week 1 of next year and I should receive delivery around the middle to the end of February sometime, well my car has arrived at Ayr Audi as of yesterday. Most people would be ecstatic at the thought of getting the car 2 months early but I'm not (to my salesmans disbelief :whistle2:). Basically I won't have my deposit until February, which is why I decided to go for a factory order car as I was told it would take longer, but now the cars arrived only 6 weeks after ordering I'm now stuck...it's sitting at the garage with nowhere to go. My main worry is if it sits there for 2 months until the 1st of March, will it be alright? There won't be anyone turning the engine over or stopping the brakes from rusting etc and I'd hate to see the state of the paint after sitting outside for all that time :puke2: I guess what I'm asking is that will they look after it? Or do I need to invest in a car cover to give them haha
I'm sure it would be looked after. Getting a cover for it is a very good idea. Give them a call and see what they say...
Six weeks early:haha: (sorry for that)..lol

You're forgetting how long a car can sit in the docks etc before even being shipped. The car also goes into sleep mode and will more than likely still be in transport mode.

Car cover (unless a very expensive one) will just do more damage than good. It will be sitting in a compound, I very much doubt anyone will touch it until a few days before you collect it! I work for GM in the factory where cars are built and we have 'stock' cars sitting on the (old) airfield for months sometimes, they just get sent out as and when. That's why I ordered a few options to make sure it was factory build and not a stock car.

I was in the same position as you this time last year, I had a company car that I had bought and I couldn't sell it until the March without forfeiting the profit I was going to make on it. My S3 was delivered just before Christmas last year, they kept it in their compound for 10 weeks :( I think that may have caused a few marks that were on the paint and a nick on an alloy (which was replaced).

If I were you I'd try and sort something out with the dealership to get it now, I'm sure they'd love to boost their end of year figures to get it out asap. Also ask (if you are buying on PCP) if the rate changes come January (which is the new quarter) what rate they will give you? Mine went down slightly in January from the initial quote, but they kept me on the higher rate, even though they said they would put me on the lower one if it went down on collection day! I wasn't happy when they didn't move me automatically, but they came back with "If we do a new quote now at the lower % it may alter the GFV of the car from when you ordered it, which means you may save a bit on the interest but pay more monthly as the GFV has gone down". I asked couldn't they just do a 'test' quote with the same figures to see what it came out as and they said "No, each quote is for the specific customer, if I do you another one it deletes the old one off the system". It did leave a taste in my mouth, but it wasn't a massive % difference so I let it go.

Reactions: steeve
Firstly, tell your dealer you dont want the car until 1st March and they will store it for you in there compound. To be honest they should have notified you earlier that they had sourced a car in build, probably a cancelled order. You are under no obligation to take the car now.

Secondly, you don't need a cover. The car would not have had its PDI done so will still have some protective covering. In addition the car is not your responsibility until you collect so the dealer has to keep and maintain it. If the car is not up to your expectation/specification at time of collection the dealer has to make good for you.

P.s I have had a new car stored for 7 weeks by an Audi dealer and no questions asked.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Car cover (unless a very expensive one) will just do more damage than good. It will be sitting in a compound, I very much doubt anyone will touch it until a few days before you collect it! I work for GM in the factory where cars are built and we have 'stock' cars sitting on the (old) airfield for months sometimes, they just get sent out as and when. That's why I ordered a few options to make sure it was factory build and not a stock car.

I was in the same position as you this time last year, I had a company car that I had bought and I couldn't sell it until the March without forfeiting the profit I was going to make on it. My S3 was delivered just before Christmas last year, they kept it in their compound for 10 weeks :( I think that may have caused a few marks that were on the paint and a nick on an alloy (which was replaced).

If I were you I'd try and sort something out with the dealership to get it now, I'm sure they'd love to boost their end of year figures to get it out asap. Also ask (if you are buying on PCP) if the rate changes come January (which is the new quarter) what rate they will give you? Mine went down slightly in January from the initial quote, but they kept me on the higher rate, even though they said they would put me on the lower one if it went down on collection day! I wasn't happy when they didn't move me automatically, but they came back with "If we do a new quote now at the lower % it may alter the GFV of the car from when you ordered it, which means you may save a bit on the interest but pay more monthly as the GFV has gone down". I asked couldn't they just do a 'test' quote with the same figures to see what it came out as and they said "No, each quote is for the specific customer, if I do you another one it deletes the old one off the system". It did leave a taste in my mouth, but it wasn't a massive % difference so I let it go.

At I'm glad I'm not the only one haha! You'll understand my pain :weary: that's what I'm worried about, no one will touch it, also if it's my choice to have it sitting there I'm worried if there is any defects in the paint etc they'll say it was my own doing that caused them.

That's something worth asking yeah, I never even thought of that. Is the GFV the guaranteed final value? I'll have a few questions for the garage then, thanks! :friends:

GFV Guaranteed Future Value or Guaranteed Final Value...same thing :)