Standard order thread Audi S3 ;)

pangj1

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Having always been an audi fanboy, despite never actually owning one...

...after many months of trawling through forums, reading reviews and many quotes on carwow...I finally priced it up and bit the bullet! Ordered! Done! :D

I have been allocated build week 37.

Spec wise:
Audi s3 Ibis white 3dr s tronic
18" 5 twin spoke star design wheels
Super sport seats - black with contrast stitching in silver / black headliner
Comfort pack - includes cruise control and rear parking system, auto dimming rear view mirror, light and rain sensor, windscreen with sunband and acoustic glass
Door mirrors - electrically adjustable, folding and heated
Interior light pack
Sat Nav system - sd card based
Bang & Olufsen sound system

Ordered that then realised I also wanted the black styling pack - will phone and change tomorrow.

Hopefully I havent missed out anything that i'll regret not getting.

Roll on beginning on October!! :p

Thanks for reading.
Jason

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
When you are ordering black pack (not my favourite to be honest) you need to order high beam assist and adaptive cruise control. You'll hate yourself later if you don't :yum:

Hi folks,

...after many months of trawling through forums, reading reviews and many quotes on carwow...I finally priced it up and bit the bullet! Ordered! Done! :D

Spec wise:
Comfort pack - includes cruise control and rear parking system, auto dimming rear view mirror, light and rain sensor, windscreen with sunband and acoustic glass
Interior light pack

Ordered that then realised I also wanted the black styling pack - will phone and change tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
Jason

Very nice! The Black pack will look nice with the white! :redface new:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi folks,

Spec wise:
Interior light pack

Thanks for reading.
Jason
Hi & welcome to ASN Jason!

Your S3 order sounds very nice. The wait will be a killer lol

Would love to see some pictures when it arrives of Ibis White. It's replaced Amafli White which I didn't like so the b*stards managed to get another 550 from me.

However, i'm very glad i've got glacier, stunning colour with the sun on it... shame it was extra!

Reactions: glospete, batch and Blackwhite
Glacier Rocks! :yes: ^

Reactions: glospete, Mike1981 and J4MMYz
Love Glacier, though I think Ibis will also look stunning.
I ordered black pack because wasn't fussed on the chrome, but the Gloss Black looks stunning

Thanks for the comments guys :) No doubt its definitely going to be some long months ahead, and feel like its taking forever! But I honestly cant wait :) Oh forgot about the 3d black inlays...would be very rude not too since its free and since im sticking with the white and black theme - would have thought id be well fed up with the colour combo considering my current car is the arctic edition astra vxr and having owned it for 3 years :p

^ Definitely need to upload pics :p

Welcome to the forum Jason - plenty on here to keep you occupied during the long wait ahead :whistle2:

Spec list looks good, for me must haves are the ILP, electric lumbar (included with SSS) and B&O.

Good decision on the 3d black inlays, I have read they are a bit of a ****** to keep clean and show finger marks though :blink:

Makes a refreshing change from the usual aluminium. No mono.pur though :smirk: and for the sake of £60 I'd consider adding the hill hold assist (or is it auto hill hold). I find it extremely useful in traffic, especially with S-tronic, and you don't have to look at a blank button down by the handbrake.

Black Styling Pack is a must mate,have a look at Batch's thread he's got the BSP and also the Carbon Fibre Door mirror covers it looks mint

oh... welcome..

Reactions: batch and Blackwhite
Changed my order earlier on this afternoon. Added on the black styling pack and 3d black inlays, sounds like i'm making the right choice. ahaha you guys are a bad influence :p Id have every optional extra added if I went ahead with all your suggestions :p I personally think that my must-haves are super sport seats, bang and olufsen sound and comfort pack...everything else I have spec'd is nice to have...or maybe Im wrong ha!

Reactions: Blackwhite
I've got an A3 Sline on order, Ibis white with BSP and B&O, will upload pics when it comes late July/early August.

Not seen many pics of ibis white A3's with BSP on (especially in new 8V chassis), can anyone point any out?

I still havent received my order form, how long does it usually take? Iv chased them up a few times and they said they would email it across but not received anything yet.

I've got an A3 Sline on order, Ibis white with BSP and B&O, will upload pics when it comes late July/early August.

Not seen many pics of ibis white A3's with BSP on (especially in new 8V chassis), can anyone point any out?

As Ibis is so new I guess there are few around yet. But my Glacier with BSP maybe the closest. Lots of pictures of mine - search for First 1500 Miles thread.

Not long now! Collecting beginning of Sept. Going to tell audi not to clean it and not to drill holes for the reg plates. Anything iv missed that I need to tell them prior to collection day?

Not long now! Collecting beginning of Sept. Going to tell audi not to clean it and not to drill holes for the reg plates. Anything iv missed that I need to tell them prior to collection day?
No Dealer stickers in the rear window. I also asked my Dealer not to put on number plates with the light blue EU flash on the left hand side of 'em

Private plate going on at some point so not fussed about the eu logo. Email from audi this morn saying they can leave car unclean and unprep'd however they cant fully inspect and would have to sign to

Private plate going on at some point so not fussed about the eu logo. Email from audi this morn saying they can leave car uncleaned and unprep'd however they cant fully inspect and I would have to sign to declare satisfied. Am I definitely doing the right thing?

Private plate going on at some point so not fussed about the eu logo. Email from audi this morn saying they can leave car uncleaned and unprep'd however they cant fully inspect and I would have to sign to declare satisfied. Am I definitely doing the right thing?

I've had a PP from day 1 and agree the EU doesn't detract one bit :)

As far as dealer prep is concerned I'm happy to stick my neck on the chopping board and disagree (probably against the majority here). I let the dealer prep mine and they did an absolutely cracking job. I did however make a big point to my sales guy that was aware of one or two horror stories re dealer preparation and would raise hell if they didn't do a top job on mine!

Personally, I think this is a classic case of a handful of bad reports giving the dealers a bad name. It's hardly in their interests to make a total balls-up of it and any minor imperfections aren't likely to be a big deal to either sort yourself or get a pro detailer to rectify if that's your preference.

Your choice of course but just wanted to give an alternative view, and besides I love being the odd one out ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, SRT and sixlargebeers
Interesting how quick yours is coming. I ordered 6th July have BW 44 !

No Dealer stickers in the rear window. I also asked my Dealer not to put on number plates with the light blue EU flash on the left hand side of 'em

I specifically asked for the EU style number plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Blimey , my dealer must have used his allocation. No wonder he did not want to give a great deal....
Thankfully my 5 year warranty does not run out till 15th Dec , so should have it by then

At least get them to wash the car and dress the tyre's,nothing worse than picking up a slightly grubby looking new car

Have decided to let audi wash it, its getting a professional detail begininning of Oct anyway which includes a single stage machine polish...what freebies should I try get??

Have decided to let audi wash it, its getting a professional detail begininning of Oct anyway which includes a single stage machine polish...what freebies should I try get??
Depends on the discount you got? The higher the discount the less freebies ye get

ah fair enough, I should get something worthwhile considering im going out my way to dundee and not aberdeen audi to buy the car :L

Forgot to mention that a last minute decision and I have gone sepang blue instead of ibis white :p Also only 4 sleeps until I collect the new whip!

After pondering over whether or not I could justify an extra 7 or 8k for a specced RS3 or even a A45 facelift, I went back to the dealer today for another test drive of an S3. Not driven one for 6 months since last test drive such is my indecision. I was hooked. S3 ticks every box for me and think its the way forward. As some people on here may know, I still have my problem about colour choice....Sepang is my first choice but loving the red and Mythos black...Why is life so difficult!!!!

Reactions: pangj1
I've had a massive issue with my Mythos Black S1 basically the paint was to hard and flaking off. So now thanks to Audi I'm now getting a Ibis white S3 in October. I've gone for a flat colour to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Radman
On another note, I appreciate there are other posts but any more info on the so called facelift? When I asked the dealer he was oblivious to this, probably just a ploy to get me to order a current year model car?

There is no official word on a face lift next year.

It may happen of course but is pure speculation.

Nothing official has been advised by Audi on this.

Sorry for the delay. Day 2 and im over the moon with it! Professional detail booked for the beginning of October so I can get it dirty in the meantime, however I have been mechanically sympathetic so far and until it reaches 400 miles on the clock!

Reactions: Baldyone and Snake Pliskin