Was thinking of getting a Haynes manual and I know they don't do one for the s3 but I was wondering if I got one for a A3 1.8t would it have any use full information that would cross over.
People ate going to say u can find out all the information online but Id like a book better.

So yesterday I got my brembo's and disc's put on. I went with standard brembo pads I think they will be enough for what I need. I also got badger5 braided lines put on aswell.
20181113 130104
20181113 130128

Reactions: Tj 0785, ADs3, S3AMJ and 1 other person
Haha now I see why you said you'd probably go for the Kawasaki green link pipes on the brembos when I said you could have them any colour you like from Hel

Nice to see a different colour.......what do these look like behind the wheels?

If I didn’t do my 18z caliper blue to match my seats I’d of gone green aswell definitely the right choice for a black car

Look good mate, you’ve gone and made me tempted, I’ve yet to refurb my set, I’ve bought red paint ready to do it. Starting to think if they are going to look boring now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look good mate, you’ve gone and made me tempted, I’ve yet to refurb my set, I’ve bought red paint ready to do it. Starting to think if they are going to look boring now haha

Every man and his dog has red brembos go on let you hair down haha

Reactions: hydro s3 and S3AMJ
Every man and his dog has red brembos go on let you hair down haha

You are dead right TJ, I’ll have a think.... I do want to keep it relatively subtle though, OEM+ and all that haha.

Thanks lads. I thought that myself that nearly every pair of brembo's you see are red with white brembo stickers.
I like mine to be a bit different and I'm not bothered to much about the oem look.

Looks right with the dark wheels, did you paint these or were they done professionally?

That's a result mate, looked at painting mine but then thought about getting some different alloys but they'll be the last thing I buy if I do.....I think the standard wheels look good painted so might try saving myself some £££

Got a parcel today with my RNS-E that @S3AMJ found on eBay and linked it in the classifieds. Thanks mate.
I'll wait until the new year and source a double din console surround and the heater controls needed. Think everything is there apart from a microphone but that should be easy enough.

Reactions: S3AMJ
Got a parcel today with my RNS-E that @S3AMJ found on eBay and linked it in the classifieds. Thanks mate.
I'll wait until the new year and source a double din console surround and the heater controls needed. Think everything is there apart from a microphone but that should be easy enough.View attachment 170674 View attachment 170675

Well done mate for winning it, see you grabbed it at a bargain

Reactions: hydro s3
Can the alarm siren be deactivated threw vagcom? I'm having problems getting mine to work.
My old siren batterys leaked and had destroyed the connector the connector that goes into the alarm siren.
I got a new siren and connector and tried fitting it to day but still not working. There is power getting to the connector and it's a new siren. So a we bit stumped now.

I'm looking to get the full version of vag-com. Where is the best place to get a genuine cable? Is it best to go to the Ross tech website and get one. I looked in the faq section but couldn't see anything mentioning where to get the cable.

Go on the Ross tech for the list of authorised dealers nhn is one of them

Got my colour mfa fitted in the cluster the other day and got it posted back to me today.
Well worth the money and makes the cluster more up to date. Who ever is waiting on one will be happy with it when they get it. Haven't had a chance to fully look at what all can do but I will tomorrow. I tried to upload a video but some reason won't let me.
IMG 20190110 174809 710

Reactions: warren9022, andrew_wright and S3AMJ
They are a good bit off kit I should of kept my last one instead I’m paying twice now just like my wing mirrors

I did a diagnostic run on the colour mfa I have. It came back with one.
17608. After looking online it seems to be the boost pressure control valve. I have did the N249 delete so would I be right in thinking that I should check for a faulty recirculation valve ( it's only about 6 months old) or is there something else I should be looking at.
I have cleared the code but haven't been back out in it to see if it comes back. Which I think it will anyway.

I meant the N75 in the TIP which is still being used (is that working correctly) - as the N249 is tucked away under the charge pipe still electronically connected isn't it - unless the wiring has melted?

as a point to note the N75 being electronically disconnected doesn't seem to create an EML only an error in VCDS.

I didn't have a eml on. I just did a scan with the colour mfa and it brought up that code. Yes that's the N249 that's electrical connected under the charge pipe. I'll have a look at the wires to make sure they haven't melted and also check the N75 at the top.and make sure it's as it should. Thanks @Stuart B for answering the post.
Might also add the car doesn't seem to be driving any different but with this code I know its there so want to get it sorted.

I had no space behind the dash or glove box for the BT unit so had to put it behind one of the rear door cards. GPS aerial I just put on the metal bar behind the clocks (it was a magnetic one).

Warren9022 it's not a magnetic one it's got a sticky pad on the back so I'll just stick it behind the glove box with the Bluetooth module or behind the head unit.
Tcg that picture wil help seems like it's going to be a lot of work lol

It’s much easier than you think mate, once you’ve got it all in front of you it all makes sense :)

Had a play with the torque setting on the colour mfa. Am I right in doing it in 3rd gear as a mate said I should do it in 4th.
Didn't get the revs right up to 7000rpm for that run but will try it again and see what I get.
20190215 094939