MMI buttons ridiculously expensive???

aoleks

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my radio unit buttons with the chrome version found on the facelift model. I already upgraded the AC unit ones by swaping them with the buttons from a new unit (unit was £20 on ebay, I just recycled the buttons). It looks gorgeous! I can not buy another radio unit, as they're terribly expensive, so I though of buying buttons only.

I don't know what's going on, but £40 for the main button (centre)??? £25 for the volume knob???

Those pieces cost 10p to make, at most... What's going on? Anyone who upgraded theirs and has a good source where I can buy them for a normal price? And please, don't even get started on how they're actual worth the money, cause it's ridiculous.

I can pay up to £50 for both, not more. Any tips?

Thanks

Any pics of the buttons you are looking for. My buttons are black in my b8.5

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Audi a4 b8saloon 2011 23

Look at radio and AC units. Buttons are black in the middle, but the part that you grip is chromed. In the initial B8, they're all black.

Oh I see, mine have nav, so knob is by gear stick

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Were the climate control knob easy to switch over? I'm in the process of updating my b8 interior. Changing them knobs was on my list.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Takes about half an hour, but it's relatively easy. Make sure you have patience and small screw drivers/pliers. Tricky to do, but definitely not difficult!

Is it possible to swap the complete AC controls from the b8.5 into the b8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as far as I know yes, but don't take my word for it. as long as you get one that has the same controls (seated heats for example), you should be fine.

What if there was a way to completely bypass symphonys, concerts, MMI2/3G Highs & Lows, etc and (almost) instantly upgrade your B8 to a B9:

http://cloud.tapatal...ist(public).pdf

I've been following Daniel's progress for some time and what he has achieved almost single handedly is nothing short of exceptional... Have a look..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

link's not working, can you try again please?