Lowering Springs - 3.2 8P

dave.ah

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good manufacturer of lowering springs to fit my 3.2 A3 8P? I was only looking to change the springs as I want to retain some ride comfort if possible, especially considering the state of the UK roads!! and only looking to lower it max 30mm so shouldn't have any problem with it hitting the bump stops.

Any advice will be helpful!

Cheers
Dave

Just doing the springs will actually have a negative impact on the ride and 30mm is too much to lower without changing the dampers. Your dampers would be significantly compressed in their normal position, wearing them out quicker and reducing their ability to control the springs properly, as the first bit of their travel would become useless.

Hi Dave
Is it an s-line because obviously that is already sitting lower?

the standard set up on sports/s-lines is rubbish anyway, and changing both would make a huge diff. You could probably get away with 30mm on same shocks but you'd still wear them out faster and the ride/handling would be far better with some new ones.

A rather brash mater of opinion :no:

well its pretty much a common consensus that the sport and esp. s-line suspensions is far too stiff on pretty much all current Audis while not endowing most of them with amazing handling.
Most people of here will say there aftermarket set ups despite being lower and usually more stiffly sprung have far better damping , poise and ride comfort.

In my personal opinion, go for the H&R springs. Nice 30mm 'ish drop and does improve the ride quality quite a bit.
I have them on my car and also ran them on my last one for 18 months until I sold it

DSC00452_2.jpg

Last edited:
If i still have my S-Back next year im gonna drop it. Bigger cars looks the shizzle when dropped, esp. those ones carryin abit more junk in the trunk like the sportback.

It is always best to get matched springs and shocks but if you do just want to do the springs, as mentioned I'd agree with either the EIbach or H&R springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance