Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Mine is on PCP. I wonder if SL versus BE makes a difference? Much earlier in this thread someone posted a spreadsheet containing build weeks and I remember noticing that SL and BE were different line items but had the same weeks (for my base model at least). Maybe they ended up building the SL cars first? Pure speculation on my part. I hope you get yours soon.

That’s helpful. I presume PCP through Audi Finance (aka VWFS)?

If vwfs then I’d like to think mine is now ready too then. I have same engine, just BE

Btw, looking at getting my Gap insurance through these guys:

www.ala.co.uk

Anyone used them before? All reviews i've read seem to be very positive though.

Had it with them on my GTI - reasonable price and all contact was perfect. Thankfully didn’t need to claim so can’t vouch for any payouts. I went with Direct Gap this time round as it was a little cheaper (£199 for a £40k car : back to invoice) and the reviews were positive too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Well this was depressing to work out! Nearly 60% of 2018 waiting for my new car. Still so tempted to cancel it to spite Audi, but would they care? No.

Attachments

• D07AA531-5261-40F0-934A-2A2702C0DAEC.jpeg
    D07AA531-5261-40F0-934A-2A2702C0DAEC.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: WesT-gefül and NevMan
Audi finally updated the website and tracker for me to say the car is on the way to the UK. Pretty sure its on a ship called the Malacca Highway due at Sheerness at 2:30am tomorrow. So another couple weeks for dealer checks and finance rubbish and I should have the car!

Reactions: DaveW
Well this was depressing to work out! Nearly 60% of 2018 waiting for my new car. Still so tempted to cancel it to spite Audi, but would they care? No.
Wow Jase that's a long time, when did you order?
Audi probably wouldn't give a toss if you cancelled, unfortunately.

Wow Jase that's a long time, when did you order?
Audi probably wouldn't give a toss if you cancelled, unfortunately.

Too true, they would happily flog ot to another punter for a higher price given price rises and the length of wait. You are almost there I am sure

Now that we have finally seen a delivery of a A4, times are near and we will see our cars very very soon!!

Reactions: NevMan, JonaP and DaveW
Mine is on PCP. I wonder if SL versus BE makes a difference? Much earlier in this thread someone posted a spreadsheet containing build weeks and I remember noticing that SL and BE were different line items but had the same weeks (for my base model at least). Maybe they ended up building the SL cars first? Pure speculation on my part. I hope you get yours soon.

Out of interest, is yours the 35 TFSI 2.0? The 40 TFSI isn't loaded unfortunately.

So i've had this from my dealership - looks like the 40 TFSI engines aren't loaded onto VWFS yet so once again my car is delayed - probably into the new year now.

"Many thanks for the recent email regarding the VWFS system update & subsequent collection of your new car. However, I'm afraid to say there is no updates to the system (as per screen shot below) and can only assume the vehicles you advise have been collected are the 35, or 40 TDI Diesel engine variants, as the petrol is yet to be loaded sadly."

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 140
Just ridiculous again from Audi. The dealers have cars on their premises they can't sell. I'll ask my dealer on Monday if I can jusy buy the car outright, if the deposit contribution can still be made. Audi's organisation as a company is looking more ridiculous by the day.

Not trying to rub it in, but don’t want you being fobbed off by your dealer, I ordered a 2.0 TFSI black edition and now have it. Dealer said to me that the wltp was all sorted on 20th December so I’d double check that if I were you.

Reactions: NevMan and Inti786
Not trying to rub it in, but don’t want you being fobbed off by your dealer, I ordered a 2.0 TFSI black edition and now have it. Dealer said to me that the wltp was all sorted on 20th December so I’d double check that if I were you.

I was in my dealers today and spoke to one the business managers who said ‘thankfully it’s passed us now...’ when I asked him about WLTP delays.

However I don’t recall seeing an A4 in the showroom. The new A1 and Q8 look tasty

Pics please!!!!!

What was your build date?

Out of interest, is yours the 35 TFSI 2.0? The 40 TFSI isn't loaded unfortunately.

Mine is a 40 TFSI 2.0 and the PCP is from VWFS. They are respecting the original PCP deal we made in June before the switch to MY19, so perhaps the car is coded as the earlier model for VWFS. At any rate, there was no mention of any problems like this. Sounds really annoying! I hope you get it sorted.

Mine is a 40 TFSI 2.0 and the PCP is from VWFS. They are respecting the original PCP deal we made in June before the switch to MY19, so perhaps the car is coded as the earlier model for VWFS. At any rate, there was no mention of any problems like this. Sounds really annoying! I hope you get it sorted.

That’s so annoying. Mine was all agreed in June too so it can’t be that, it needs to be tied to your car so it’ll need to be accurate. Very odd. Are you able to take a picture of the part of your agreement showing the engine being 40 TFSI so I can complain further? Obviously hide your personal info.

Is yours the 40 TFSI (190) with tech pack?

Also, was this bought through PCP with Audi finance (ie VWFS?)?

Also, was this bought through PCP with Audi finance (ie VWFS?)?

Seems to be Tech Pack and PCP from spreadsheet entry on this forum

21 Mattt088 A4 Avant BE Daytona grey Tech, reverse camera, v spoke 2.0 TFSI (190) S-Tronic PCP 20 Jun 2018 26 Nov 2018 5 mths 6 days Vehicle is at dealership, just waiting for Audi to release vehicle emission details. State I can pick vehicle up on 24th

It's Audi Finance causing the delay.

It's Audi Finance causing the delay.

I just don’t understand how some with PCP through Audi Finance have collected their cars, but I can’t! Despite it being the same engine and trim! I’ve just sent ANOTHER email to the management at my dealership, I’m getting so fed up with this - I’m starting to think they want the sale in their Jan 2019 figures.

Can everyone who has had their car delivered now, update the spreadsheet?

Reactions: cuke2u and DaveW
Is yours the 40 TFSI (190) with tech pack?

Yes it’s the 40 TFSI with pcp, I was due to pick it up on the 24th December however because the finance deal is older, that had to be sorted and a manager in vw finance had to authorise it again, as they don’t have the same offers, so I finally picked it up on 27th December.

Reactions: NevMan and DaveW
Yes it’s the 40 TFSI with pcp, I was due to pick it up on the 24th December however because the finance deal is older, that had to be sorted and a manager in vw finance had to authorise it again, as they don’t have the same offers, so I finally picked it up on 27th December.
:sign pics:

Reactions: cuke2u
Interestingly I’ve just gone into Audi’s own finance calculator, on their site, and it says that Finance isn’t available on the 40 TFSI so it looks like that system definitely matches up with what my dealer is telling me. What I can’t understand though is how others have taken delivery of there car, with same trim and engine as mine.

Send us a pic mate :)

So I take it those of us leasing/ on finance will need to redo all the paperwork etc upon collection due to how long it’s taken/ frozen pricing/ year change?

So I take it those of us leasing/ on finance will need to redo all the paperwork etc upon collection due to how long it’s taken/ frozen pricing/ year change?

Yes. If you have a protected deal, then the pricing for VWFS will have changed with the finance company contribution being more due to a price increase of the car. Due to festive holidays, this has delayed the new figures documents being loaded onto the system.

VWFS also need wet signatures, so we are also at the mercy of the Postal service.

I don't expect my car till at least week commencing 7th January as my finace company reopens on 4th January and assuming docs have been prepared, I can sign then and they can send to VWFS same day. VWFS will not receive them till the Monday, process and hopefully collect car Friday 11th.

Yes. If you have a protected deal, then the pricing for VWFS will have changed with the finance company contribution being more due to a price increase of the car. Due to festive holidays, this has delayed the new figures documents being loaded onto the system.

VWFS also need wet signatures, so we are also at the mercy of the Postal service.

I don't expect my car till at least week commencing 7th January as my finace company reopens on 4th January and assuming docs have been prepared, I can sign then and they can send to VWFS same day. VWFS will not receive them till the Monday, process and hopefully collect car Friday 11th.

VWFS is open tomorrow and only closed on the 1st, so hopefully we can all be moving forward soon. I was told 1-2 days from when the paperwork has been drawn up

So i've had this from my dealership - looks like the 40 TFSI engines aren't loaded onto VWFS yet so once again my car is delayed - probably into the new year now.

"Many thanks for the recent email regarding the VWFS system update & subsequent collection of your new car. However, I'm afraid to say there is no updates to the system (as per screen shot below) and can only assume the vehicles you advise have been collected are the 35, or 40 TDI Diesel engine variants, as the petrol is yet to be loaded sadly."

Wow that’s a poor show right there. This takes the Pi55

:pride::wink new:
You should have missed off the Tech Pack and bought a camera instead.

Reactions: JonaP
He means instead of the money spent on a tech pack, he could've bought a camera to take pictures of the car he's supposedly picked up Jase :)

Reactions: NevMan, Hambee1234 and ijachelsea
He means instead of the money spent on a tech pack, he could've bought a camera to take pictures of the car he's supposedly picked up Jase :)

Makes sense. I thought he was referring to the delay being down to the tech pack - doh!

Reactions: NevMan and JonaP
Drove past my dealership just now and can actually see my car!! So annoying!

Reactions: NevMan, DaveW, JonaP and 1 other person
That's why I refuse to go to Halesowen Audi, I know it's there but don't want to see the ****** :friendly wink:

For the people who have collected their cars: if you have gone with PCP did the deal you get differ much from the original quote you were given months ago.

I ordered back at the start of March and am a little worried that prices will have gone up. My understanding is that the total sum is price promised but the finance deal was not. So I've been trying to work out roughly what I might pay. Seems to be nothing to worry about. The contribution has gone down but so has the interest.