Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Has anyone spoken to their dealer about any sort of compensation for the delays and issues it has caused?
Dealer won’t budge on any form of compensation, saying that you are getting the latest model already, enough people want a4s, so if you don’t want it, then they can find someone else who does. It’s a bit of an unfortunate situation really.

Reactions: NevMan
Dealer won’t budge on any form of compensation, saying that you are getting the latest model already, enough people want a4s, so if you don’t want it, then they can find someone else who does. It’s a bit of an unfortunate situation really.

That’s a poor excuse. Audi UK are the ones that should/will be paying for any compensation (if any), the dealers definitely shouldn’t be out of pocket... it’s not their fault.

It’s really poor if you think 1) they’ve not changed much 2) the pricing is similar (I think mine is only about a few hundred more expensive now, but that’s the wheels being £300 now and not free). 3) communication has been terrible.

Reactions: Hambee1234, loftylad, Mattt088 and 1 other person
Signed all my paperwork yesterday, was told price would be reduced as alloys now £150 option instead of £1050 but nope as I have but 10,000 miles on my car let’s call it even. What do they expect if you wait 7 months to get the new one to me.
Over a barrel really want the car and you know they can sell for then I’m paying

Signed all my paperwork yesterday, was told price would be reduced as alloys now £150 option instead of £1050 but nope as I have but 10,000 miles on my car let’s call it even. What do they expect if you wait 7 months to get the new one to me.
Over a barrel really want the car and you know they can sell for then I’m paying

I take this is PCP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should stand your ground really. I have been told I won’t be out of pocket on my PX as the extra miles and service I’ve had to do, aren’t my fault, I’ve also been clear that the service is shocking and I would expect more from a brand I’m looking to buy into (with this vat and others in the future). Last Audi I had was 3 years ago with TT until I moved to my R

I’ll also tell them they can shove the PX up their backside if they don’t give me a fair offer, I’ll just pay the outstanding on it and sell privately

I take this is PCP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, should be picking up tomorrow morning but not holding out much hope, had so many dates so far then they so no can’t do it.

Reactions: Inti786
That’s a poor excuse. Audi UK are the ones that should/will be paying for any compensation (if any), the dealers definitely shouldn’t be out of pocket... it’s not their fault.

It’s really poor if you think 1) they’ve not changed much 2) the pricing is similar (I think mine is only about a few hundred more expensive now, but that’s the wheels being £300 now and not free). 3) communication has been terrible.

Yeah I totally agree with you, I tried to fight paying for the folding mirrors as they are now included on black editions for free and the dealer wouldn’t budge at all

Yeah I totally agree with you, I tried to fight paying for the folding mirrors as they are now included on black editions for free and the dealer wouldn’t budge at all
They're trying to charge for something that comes for free? That is appalling, never mind the wait and lack of information you've had to endure.

They're trying to charge for something that comes for free? That is appalling, never mind the wait and lack of information you've had to endure.

I say for free, included in the price of black edition now, where as before my19 you had to pay for them, anyone who didn’t add it to their spec would now get it included.

They're probably not free, Audi would have increased the price of the car by a similar amount...

Yeah you are right I’m sure, just frustrating that they don’t want to compensate anyone at all.

I know they can definitely register most models now, so shouldn’t be too long for those waiting (unless closed for Christmas period). My dealer said that I could pick mine up tomorrow

Reactions: Inti786 and cuke2u
If Audi UK had anything about them, they'd offer a free service. Not the dealers' fault.

Reactions: Mattt088
I had seen an email thread between my lease company and the Audi dealer they used suggesting there would be goodwill gesture. Although I think the wish they never documented it as when pushed they can’t clarify. I have taken a maintenance pack including tyres so I’m struggling to see what they will offer... other an lame key ring ha ha. I won’t rest though until I get something out of Audi, even it means delaying picking the car up, after all waited long enough.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, cuke2u, AntNut and 2 others

To be fair it isn’t their fault, and they have been badly affected just like other manufacturers, sales still down.

Audi UK should really be offering something as a gesture to clients

Reactions: DaveW
To be fair it isn’t their fault, and they have been badly affected just like other manufacturers, sales still down.

Audi UK should really be offering something as a gesture to clients

To be fair I’m not angry at the dealers they are doing their best in this bad situation. It’s Audi UK I’m frustrated at the most. Their communication to the dealers and to us as customers hasn’t been the best. I do think that Audi UK should have some form of compensation for customers or provide it to the dealers. I can’t see it happening.

Reactions: loftylad and NevMan
I agree there should be something but maybe they think freezing the prices will suffice. However I guess Audi UK are stating the same though that there are factors that were out of their control and it is what it is.
Morally they should compensate for customer loyalty but whether they are allowed to by Audi DE is a different matter...

I agree there should be something but maybe they think freezing the prices will suffice. However I guess Audi UK are stating the same though that there are factors that were out of their control and it is what it is.
Morally they should compensate for customer loyalty but whether they are allowed to by Audi DE is a different matter...

Things out of their control are usually weather and strikes etc, not something that they knew was coming but remainder poorly prepared for - lots of other manufacturers seemed to manage ok, such as Volvo, Ford etc.

Reactions: loftylad, Mattt088, G.S and 1 other person
Nipped down to my local dealer and sadly no sign of my car (probably in one of their lock ups) but there was one A4 S Line Saloon, looked quite nice

I've had goodwill from my dealer in the form of carbon door mirror caps and the "Audi Beam" lights for the front doors, so I'm not complaining

Reactions: WesT-gefül, tickedon, Hambee1234 and 2 others
I've had goodwill from my dealer in the form of carbon door mirror caps and the "Audi Beam" lights for the front doors, so I'm not complaining
I have first service free. Could have had meal out. All from dealership

Reactions: tickedon, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person

Lets be honest. The Audi abeam lights you can buy quite cheap replicas on ebay and the carbon mirror caps seem to, in my opinion, make it look worse. But fair enough :)

At least the dealer supplied "beam" things shan't be from eBay and as for the mirrors, it's personal taste I guess! :smug: have you managed to get any goodwill stuff Jase?

Reactions: Hambee1234 and Norwichjase
Here you go:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181224-091036_Audi UK Configurator.jpg
    Screenshot_20181224-091036_Audi UK Configurator.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 195
Here you go:

Hi guys. My dealer is also fitting these on all 4 doors, a sline key ring and Audi wash kit was agreed as a small compo . Apart from that it was take it or leave it haha .

Reactions: tickedon, NevMan and JonaP
Sat in dealership waiting for car

Reactions: NevMan, JonaP, Richard Donald and 4 others
I have a car it’s awesome sorry pics on wife’s phone will post later.
I really hope you all get yours soon

Reactions: NevMan, JonaP, loftylad and 3 others
My car not due to be built till 14th Jan. The dealer is waiting to see what Audi UK offer as compo but as mentioned my son signed up for his first new car an A3 sportback black edition and he is well chuffed. Hopefully can do something as taken 2 cars. Glad to see some getting thier cars, dealers have been helpful but Audi UKs silence has been deafening..... have a great Christmas and look forward to some pics....

Turns out wife’s crap at taking phots

Attachments

• 9D937646-3DC1-43C9-8413-AFD51E3C0264.jpeg
    9D937646-3DC1-43C9-8413-AFD51E3C0264.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: DaveW, cuke2u, NevMan and 1 other person
Wife take everything in slow mo and hardly moved. It’s a pic off the video. My app photo is best I have at present
Haha. Mine is the same... although somehow it's always my fault.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk