limp mode every time i put my foot down

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi all i had a split r today i put the blanking plug in and it runs alt better.

i had an issue with it going into limp mode now it does it every time i put my foot down and does not go above 6 psi when in limp mode.

is there anything i can do or check to sort this tar

yes scan for fault codes

soz lads forgot to mention i use vcds and brings no fault codes up.

wheres the n75 valve mate

It right next to the dv. Its small, one electrical connecter and 3 8mm ish pipes one goes to charge pipe one goes to tip and i cant remember where the other one goes.

I had very similar issue turned out to be that about 70-80 quid.

About 5-6 psi how ever i drove.

this ?

242iwwo.jpg

thanks guys what logs can i do together to see if its that so im not paying 70-80 for a new n75

118 - N75 Wastegate
Column 3 on Block 118 will show you percentage duty cycle on the N75 valve. The N75 is the valve that plays a large part in regulating the wastegate. An unenergized solenoid (0% duty cycle) permits full charge pressure on actuator diaphragm. So the turbocharger naturally regulates itself. As boost builds, the wastegate opens. The ECU can operate the N75 to vent some of this pressure so the wastegate either does not open, or opens less. For example if reading is 62.8% duty cycle it means over a 100 millisecond period (1/10 of a second) the charge pressure in the actuator line was filled for 37.2 milliseconds and vented for 62.8 milliseconds. An orifice in the charge pressure connection restricts the flow rate of charge air into the actuator system. If you are seeing a large difference between the two reading off block 115 (request high, actual low), and you see that duty cycle on the N75 is high (90-100% range), then you are probably leaking boost from a pressure hose (turbo outlet to intake manifold) or the diverter valve (DV). You should then check all clamps and hoses along the whole pressured tract as well as swap DVs

You Should see it hit 94.5% this means its ok.​

this i what i got off my 118 log mate thanks for ya help

is there any thing wrong here mate do ya want me to post my 115 log as well

just had it on vag com again and i must have a leak somewhere cos i tested it and got presure drop between turbo and throttle valve
so cleared the faults and then i started car up reved it turn her off and cheacked again same fault come up.

a hole somewhere ****** hell checked everything i can get to and see

could i cracks anywhere