going to look at this today!! :)

Lol at this thread turning into a slagging match! WTF people, seriously. The lad wants to find a new car!

Good luck lad, no idea why we're calling you G though!

I like the look of the LCR, never driven one though. I also like the old shape skoda Octavia VRS, not driven that either. When I need to upgrade to a 5 door car I'd definitely look at both of the above.

Good luck matey.

tisnt a slagging match matey... just random opinions..... which your gonna get on here :)

i have had a couple of swap offers, a ST mondeo, and a a 172 clio. I only have it up on pistoneheads so im not really trying atm as in an ideal world i want to keep it till i find the right LCR. The audi can pay to get the LCR mapped :eyebrows:

once i have found the right LCR i will let the Audi go cheap cheap as it will just be in the way.

Hey,
I owned a LCR for about 18months before i HAD to sell to buy my A4. And can honestly say it was a sad day, i had a 03 plate but the 210bhp version. I was amazed at how well built it was (not surprising when you look around and see all parts stamped with VW or Audi), had all the toys, electric everything and most of all the drive was fantastic. The power delivery was amazing and the handling for a big'ish car was pretty good aswell. I had mine mapped to 255bhp and it was an animal and surprised loads of people.

My advice would be to look around and get a good deal, i sold mine for £5850 2 years ago now. Keep an eye out on Seatcupra.net because you get some real minters on there, but they fetch abit more money.

But once you get one you'll love it. A fabia rear wiper and debadge will tidy the rear end up, an S3 top mounted strutt brace (from audi) fits straight on and tightens the front end up, re laqeur the brembo's cause they tend to flake, and get the wheels refurbed. Other than that i never had any probs with mine.

Hope you find a good one soon, you won't regret in.
Oh and join SCN if you want some advice aswell, cracking bunch on there.

thanks for that fella. i have been on SCN for a couple weeks now, and as you say there a good bunch. far more on my level too. was looking at a LCR today and as far as build quality goes inside, i think its all bull that Audi use different materals etc. It felt no different to my Audi, or past Audis i have owned. and if they do use something different it aint far off the Seats/vws. Like it or not, low end VAG, high end VAG, they all use the same Parts.... the only difference is peoples perceptions of the badge. the power output of the 2003 LCR i had a go in today was pretty impressive, the pull in 2nd was praaapa! Scooby slayers for deffenate...i cant wait to get 1 and map the brains out of it!!

No worries mate.
As i say, mine was running 255bhp with 270ish torque and it certainly surprised a fair few people driving much more expensive cars. Defo Wolves in sheeps clothing.

who-cares.jpg

R.I.P Mr coleman!

But Good luck in your LCR search mate! I used to love them but they kind of came very common so i lost interest. Still lovely cars, I was looking at some cupra's recently and have a good think about them! Some are going for quite cheap too!

P.S You should of never compared S3's to KFC, i know that i'd choose KFC over anything else and im sure others would too! haha! thats because im a student and fast food is my name! :)

Why did you have to mention KFC?

All I can think of now is a Wicked Zinger Meal with gravy.

Too many ciders to drink though..... :(

I love Cupra R's, best looking 5 door hatch by a mile.

My mate has one, its been mapped but have no idea to what levels but its a flying machine. I dont like the seats but thats more the material than the actual seat itself. I'd have to find one with leather and I'd be happy as a pig in poo.

T

Seen a red one on the way down to Birmingham last night. Sadly destroyed my thoughts on them.

Chavved up to the Max (power). Mahoossive exhaust, blacked out windows (badly) and an inch off the ground. Four up so unfair test but was nowhere near my standard S3 and sounded atrocious.

Would be great to see a standard one up close.

99% of the time if a car is chaved up to the max its rolling a 995 cc engine!! lol All noise and no go!

Why did you have to mention KFC?

All I can think of now is a Wicked Zinger Meal with gravy.

Too many ciders to drink though..... :(

Oooo i can do with a KFC now.. if only there was a 24hour one!

we have a 24 hour one :)

sadly the staff are that socially inept that you end up with a Mcd's instead as they are that useless getting any order right!! and thats at a coherent time of the day, nevermind the twilights!!

I sooo nearly bought a LCR when i was looking for a new car.
However after sitting in one i realy didnt like the seats and the slightly plastic feel to things,
Just to be clear though... i didnt buy the S3 because it was an Audi. it could have said skoda or seat on the badge. As for the handeling compaired to the S3... i didnt like the understear from trying to push 225bhp though just the front wheels. When things got untidy... there was no help from the car,
Alpine ( i refuse to call somebody "G" ) as for the scooby having real grip... i hope it was a classic or a hawk eye... i drove those and the bug eye... i can honestly say the bug eye was shocking !

Gavin, Gary, Graeme, Graham, Granger, Gabriel, Gideon, Gershom, Gilad, Guy

Nothing embarrassing about these Alpine :p

Just kidding

hahahaha.. My names Graeme but since i was about 12 everyone has called me G or Stone. So G or stoney it has stuck!

yes it was a classic i had paul... bug eyes are lardy lumps of mistake...:shutup2: << i wont say like a S3 i wont hhmmkay. :kissmyrings:

:whip:

hahahaha.. My names Graeme but since i was about 12 everyone has called me G or Stone. So G or stoney it has stuck!

yes it was a classic i had paul... bug eyes are lardy lumps of mistake...:shutup2: << i wont say like a S3 i wont hhmmkay. :kissmyrings:

Would help if i can get through to them. must need a Cambelt as theres no mention of it and its @ 86k. making wonder why its so cheap if its so immaculate. and its in the best colour which seem to cost more :(

relatively low mileage, looks good

ermm factor the price in

cambelt - £300 max

you don't mind taking a cat-d

so what could possibly be the problem?

cambelt is £450 with water pump tentioners etc. .. .. this red one is not a cat d isit?

i have email the woman as the number does not seem to work. i would buy that today if it was no hidden extras. meehhh mail me back mail me back mail me back!

something aint right with it sandip at that price.

that other red one with the black rims i clocked a couple days ago.... as nice as it is i want to try a standard one.

It's defo a dodgy one lol That other red one is good if you want something ready made, but i think you want to add your touch to your cupra r, which is all good!