glovebox Snapped!

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can source a Complete glovebox from?
Im gonna be harassing the breakers because I aint paying £350+ to the stealers!

I opened it, did notice it was getting stiff lately (..the glovebox :eyebrows: ) and it finally snapped on the left Hinge, Clean off..:scared2:
In the meantime im having to hold the broken side whilst pulling it down but I know its ready to snap off completely.:ohmy:

Im after the Grey colour if anyone see's one!
:icon_thumright:

I thought these audi's were pretty tuff.

ur joking right, £350 from audi?? robbing b*****ds.
ill keep my eye out for u on ebay fella, theres always A4's being broken for spares

crewe audi are advertising a clearance sale of parts and accessories, think they had a glovebox assembly, not sure about colour

Mine did the same, I repaired it with araldite and a piece of black meccano type stuff. Can't believe the hinge piece is integral to the whole glovebox and cannot be replaced on its own. The reason they snap? because of the stupid damper which if not lubricated just seizes up. Nice one Audi.

Just before I bought mine - the glovebox door hinge was broken in exactly the same place.

He changed it before I picked it up and it now has a new door. Didn't realise it cost that much! Surely its just the door that needs replacing? I can't see the joining part is part of it as mine has the Fridge cooler!

Same thing happened to the wifes avant, I picked a whole glovebox up of ebay about a year ago for £20 or £25 including postage, cant quite remember easy to replace just swapped the locks over.;
happy searching!

i personally would never pay 350 for a new one but call around the local breakers yard. i would even call ones all over the country and pay for postage. audi makes a lot of money from its after sales.

I think a new 1 was only about £80 from audi when I bought 1 when I retro-fitted a cd changer to my previous A4. Ring them up and check the price mate, you may be suprised.

No I was quoted £350 as well about a year ago, total joke.
I thought it was just the door that needed replacing but couldn't see how the door could be seperated from the box. The whole glovebox seems to be designed as a single unit and the door does not seem to come apart to reveal how the hinge is attached without damaging it.
Just remember if your door starts to get stiff, squirt some silicone spray on the damper!

One of my collegues who has a B7 as company car snapped his glove box. Reading Audi changed it for free, as they are seeing a lot of these breaking. Worth trying!?

Think that was probably more to do with B7 still being under warranty than any goodwill gesture on their part.

AndyMac said:
No I was quoted £350 as well about a year ago, total joke.
I thought it was just the door that needed replacing but couldn't see how the door could be seperated from the box. The whole glovebox seems to be designed as a single unit and the door does not seem to come apart to reveal how the hinge is attached without damaging it.
Just remember if your door starts to get stiff, squirt some silicone spray on the damper!

The door is separate... I only know this because when mine went in the B6 Audi replaced only the door, the hole I had cut in the back of it for my PS2 was still there when i picked the car up. And a scratch had disappeared off the door too..

Chaz

It's a very common problem I'm lead to believe.

A4sline190 glued his hinge and it's worked fine ever since. Mine simply popped the pin that holds the mechanism together.

I don't think Audi sell the hinge as a seperate part. Probably worth looking at breakers if you can't glue it.

Hi All
I had to get my whole glove box replaced on my A3 06 model because the damper stuck solid ans caused the hinge to snap but thank god it is still under warranty so it looks like Audi have a problem with them

im back from Sunny Dundee now so im on the case,****** thing!!!