FMIC tomorrow!!!!

Thats alot cheaper than expected! does that fit an S3 too?

i dont think it will be any good for an s3 mate, i think s3's need 3" piping and a larger core. I may be wrong though!

i ended up bidding on one of the auctions the seller of this kit had put up, and as a result i got the kit for £155 inc postage! :eyebrows: we'll find out tomorrow if this kit is any good! the only reason i chose this one over the more popular kit for a3's is because i didnt want to have to buy a maf sensor pipe from forge and tap a nipple into the pipe work for the n97 feed, by the looks of it, this kit has it all included.

for reference tuftys S3 had 51mm pipes IIRC so he could keep the fogs....thats exactly what i am doing, although think S3 Paul managed to get one fitted with the larger pipes

51mm pipes are a pig to fit let alone bigger ones.

I did indeed.
Its a hell of a faf but i made the claim it could be done... so had to keep at it.
Its all on, no leaks and all nice and hidded which was my aim

Dave,
Your list of mods says 3 intercoolers.
Im guessing you kept the side mounts and added a small front mount?

Nice ,
What was the core size of the front mount?
I assume you needed to trim the black plastic around the rad quite abit

73 mm pipes here and bye bye foggies.... They went to Dani in the end as were surplus to requirements. :bye:

Nice ,
What was the core size of the front mount?
I assume you needed to trim the black plastic around the rad quite abit

Not sure of the core size off hand, i did not trim the radiator surround i trimmed the fog light surrounds, all very tight , was a ****** getting the bumper back on, its been on a few weeks now, with no issues except the first day when a pipe blew off, retightened all t clips, its been running 25 psi for a few days now, with the odd redline and its solid...

thats why angle grinders are worth their weight :)

you wana see what i took off the A3 :)

thats why angle grinders are worth their weight :)

you wana see what i took off the A3 :)

LOL, same here with my A3. It had the fibreglass lower valence and I hacked the shyte out of it to make the cooler fit.

Mini hacksaws and a 240 volt Dremels are invaluable tools.

I love my Dremel!

LOL, same here with my A3. It had the fibreglass lower valence and I hacked the shyte out of it to make the cooler fit.

Mini hacksaws and a 240 volt Dremels are invaluable tools.

I love my Dremel!

haha i have a precision mini industrial jobby ...dont use it much though, find the mini angle grinder is legendary ;) and if that doesnt work i got a big ****** with diamond bit for those mad moments :)

well i banged it on in about 3 hours, bit longer than i expected but yeah, as you lot said, the pipework was a sod to get right, had to ditch the fogs and still havent really got it sitting as i want it, think one of the pipes needs about 2" taking off it but dead happy over all! also, didnt need to fit a nipple for the n97 take off, had one already done into the pipework, also had a maf sensor point. well worth the money! will get pics up once im happy with how it sits!

annoyingly not yet, i stupidly over tightened the sensor on the power steering pump (noticed it had a slight leak) and the ****** thing sheared off! had the engine on at the time testing for boost leaks so i got p/s fluid in my mouth,eyes,ears!! Lol couldnt ****** believe it! so im off to audi tomorrow to get bent over no doubt! then im going to whip the front bumper off again and get it exactly how i want it looking, wish i could have kept the fogs though,i really like the stealthy look!

It is doable with the fogs mate. You need to trim the mounting brackets for them... but it will fit

fair enough doood, i suppose they will allow greater pressure...be interesting to see the difference in pressure and flow if anyone wants to play guinea :)

dunno if i can be assed to make another fmic fit, the A3 was a right ball ****