FL heated seat memory coding VCDS?

Harvey

VAG Convert
Reaction score
My FL S3 MY17 seems to have heated seat memory so after the wife has been using it frying her a55 I jump in and start the car and it's remembered the last heated seat setting so I cook mine having not noticed it's turned on. I dislike heated seats so it's darn annoying having to turn it off when I didn't turn it on grrr. I've been through HVAC module 08 in depth and can't see anything relating to heated seat memory in addition looked though Central Elec module 09 but again nothing. Can this be coded out on the FL 8V cars using VCDS or will I have to live with it :sorrow:?

Yes I've had a searched on here and can only find this post of relevance but nothing like that listed in coding, basic settings or adaptions in my module 08 or 09.

@DJAlix @NHN do either of you know if heated seat memory can be disabled via VCDS coding on the A3/S3 8V FL?

I noticed in my PFL that the set temperature for the AC is key dependent. Could it be that the heated seat memory is also key dependent?
In that case just use the 2nd key.

I will ask my 'tame coder' who, Scottish weather (Aberdeen) permitting, we should see tomorrow, we have the opposite issue - when wifey has been sitting in the passenger seat with it set to 'tropical' and we have stopped and been out of the car, on return shock horror - she has to switch it back on!!!!! I want to know if it is possible for the passenger seat to recognise that someone is - A, sitting on it and then B, to return the heating to its previous setting. My drivers seat returns to the previous setting after ignition has been turned off.

Tame coder was surprised that the drivers seat heating did indeed come back on after 'ignition off' operation, apparently this is an EU requirement to protect our nads from testicular cancer!
He spoke about some 'bakery setting' didn't have that much time to quiz him about the old mans car! twixt opening presents etc. he will be back again Jan 11.

Reactions: henkkeumus
Mine are factory fit and wish they turned off after an ignition cycle. Dropped GF off with full ignition cycle and driving back noticed the passenger heated seat still on. It also stays on the same setting, no auto reduction to 2 after x minutes.

I've had another thorough look through the adaption maps for module 08 (HVAC) & 09 ( Central Elec) but there's nothing to be found for heated seat memory :(

Had a look on my OBDEleven and found 2 settings for the heated seat power reduction times in module 8 air con under adaptations.
058F0AC2 0AD3 4EBD 9B3E BEFE52504BCD

2 solution
1. Stop mrs driving car
2. Since you don’t like heated seats, pull the fuse or replace panel with one that doesn’t have the heated seat button :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

In all seriousness, I think it’s key dependant or somehow set to the key so maybe look for coding around keys.
I rarely have mine on but my mrs does and I can’t remember a time I’ve been frying my rear end. It similar with the climate control. I have mine set at 20 all the time but when mrs drives me anywhere it’s always starts at 22-23 but goes back to 20 when I drive with my key.

Reactions: Potterswheel