Extended Car Warranty/Parts n Labour

Raul_Breganzo

Reaction score
Hi

I'd like to know what car warranty any of you may have? Whether you've used the service n how was the whole experience?

AA (max £535 per claim with £35 excess)
MotorEasy (variations)
Warrantywise (variations but actually do cover Clutch wear n tear note: but not Flywheel wear n tear. Also no breakdown full recovery service included in price)

All seem to be very popular with that latter approx £300-350 n former £200.

I just extended my warranty through Audi as it was a very good price imo.
It was just over £400 for all components cover with no excess.
I've not had to use it yet but on a previous car I had the stronic box replaced due to a very slight noise on a couple of gearchanges, the cost would have been over £6k, I don't think you can beat the Audi warranty!
As for breakdown cover, again I took out 2 years Audi assist (through the AA) for £145

That's a cracking price but for my 11 plate they're quoting £800 per year! Lol
Mind you I could also get work repaired at main dealers as I've selected the hourly labour rate as £125...

How easy is it to book yourself into main dealers for repair work? Do they always provide a courtesy car I.e. Even if it's warranty cover through a 3rd party?

Last edited:
£400 to £535 is nowhere near enough to pay for major component claims on our Audis. Has to be Audi Warranty or nothing to make it worthwhile.

I had a genuine Audi Warranty with my S3 and to be fair it was very good. It also had a zero excess and they replaced my balance shaft, timing chain and tensioner under it.

The only down side was having to wait up to 6 weeks to get into the local London dealers.

Oh, and when I fitted a BCS powervalve they voided the warranty...

I wouldn’t bother with a 3rd party personally. Had too many issues with them previously; they always find a way to wrangle out.

£400 to £535 is nowhere near enough to pay for major component claims on our Audis. Has to be Audi Warranty or nothing to make it worthwhile.
They will pay repairs upto the value of the car I.e. £6000 for mine!
I can do it at any VAT registered garage or Main dealers OR a choice of there registered garages. £0 excess too!
Like Sam said, waiting for main dealers appts a joke, esp if you work office hours!

RAC extended warranty i go through work. Had a clutch put in my last Octavia RS with it and also timing chain. Currently got the same on my S3 and have already had auth'd the timing chain.

RAC extended warranty i go through work. Had a clutch put in my last Octavia RS with it and also timing chain. Currently got the same on my S3 and have already had auth'd the timing chain.

Really? Was it down to wear n tear or clutch sudden failure? AA terms as well as Warrantywise don't cover Clutch for wear n tear...

Yeah had full clutch replaced due to failure of the slave cylinder. Wont be covered for anything else i wouldn't of thought. had to agree to cover costs if it had been rejected.

Yeah had full clutch replaced due to failure of the slave cylinder. Wont be covered for anything else i wouldn't of thought. had to agree to cover costs if it had been rejected.

Correct, so did the garage confirm to RAC it was the failure of the slave cylinder AFTER taking out the gearbox?

Yeah fault pinpointed to slave cylinder and clutch kit replaced with genuine parts.