Extended Warranty

disco_stu01

disco_stu01
Reaction score
Hi all,

My audi A3 2.0 tdi sport is now out of warranty and just wondering if anyone knows how much it is to extend? What are peoples views on this? Has anyone extended theirs? Is it worth it?

Thanks

My wife got a much better deal through Warranty Direct for her VW Polo than direct with VW.

I had a quote some time ago for my previous A3 2.0TDI-140 and again Warranty Direct were a lot cheaper for the same cover than through Audi.

Audi sub it out to a 3rd party after the initial 3 years. 3rd party warranties are just a tax on the stupid. Save yourself the heartache and stick the £300 in a savings account.

I was wondering this myself as my warranty runs out next June.
Phoned Audi UK a couple of weeks ago and they said about £750.

Didn't they write to you with details before the 3 year warranty ran out?

Audi sub it out to a 3rd party after the initial 3 years. 3rd party warranties are just a tax on the stupid. Save yourself the heartache and stick the £300 in a savings account.

Unless of course at the end of the 4th year something goes wrong that cost £500. Then you would have been stupid not to have taken out the warranty and had peace of mind. Even the best savings account is not going to earn £200 interest on £300!