DIY heat shield - for under £20

what size are your jetex filters lads ive looked on the jetex site and theres about 10 different options for the 75mm neck

cheers lads and do you recon if i took the gorse out of each side of the maf or custom built a larger less restrictive housing for the sensor it would help?

A few people have done tests with de-meshed mafs and it didn't produce much in the way of results. Some say that the mesh is there to ensure that the airflow across the sensor is stable.

cheers lads and do you recon if i took the gorse out of each side of the maf or custom built a larger less restrictive housing for the sensor it would help?
You cant make a bigger housing as the calibration/readings will not be correct...why would you want to do this? the maf does not max out on normal + s1+s2

A few people have done tests with de-meshed mafs and it didn't produce much in the way of results. Some say that the mesh is there to ensure that the airflow across the sensor is stable.
yeah that makes sense but what about a larger housing surely that would help might fabricate 1

yeah looked into it bit of a waste of time oh well least i looked into it 1st instead of me goin crazy with the dremel lol just finding my feet with this engine and exploring all the possibility's dont suppose you guys know what the 4 connections are on the b5 tip?

yeah looked into it bit of a waste of time oh well least i looked into it 1st instead of me goin crazy with the dremel lol just finding my feet with this engine and exploring all the possibility's dont suppose you guys know what the 4 connections are on the b5 tip?

The same thats on the standard tip...

Just a quicky....

I went to B&Q, Homebase and Wickes none of which sell sheets of steel/metal.

Where has everyone been getting theirs?

Cheers

Dave, he's now audi-sporta local deala :) haha.

Found Some Steel in B&Q in the end.

So I was a busy boy yesterday and created this it's not as good as some of the others I've seen but it does the job and i'm quiet happy with the results.

PhotoJun04171854.jpg

PhotoJun04171903.jpg

PhotoJun04171912.jpg

PhotoJun04173155.jpg

PhotoJun04173549.jpg

it took me about 7 hours start to finish. It was a pain in the Ar*e but worth it.

I used the net diagram in the first post but added length to it, to protect it more from the heat.

Found Some Steel in B&Q in the end.

So I was a busy boy yesterday and created this it's not as good as some of the others I've seen but it does the job and i'm quiet happy with the results.

PhotoJun04171854.jpg

PhotoJun04171903.jpg

PhotoJun04171912.jpg

PhotoJun04173155.jpg

PhotoJun04173549.jpg

That looks awesome! Wish I had the skill to do this...

Is 0.5mm aluminium ok to use for this? Not to thick or too thin is it?

I don't wish to sound negative but would it not be better just straight to the battery on that side ?

has anybody thought of taking the little rubber bushings from the standard airbox and using them to try and reduce/damp the vibrations that are transmitted to the MAF?

you have to buy the material....spend hours on it ....when theres a guy selling them on ebay for £20 oddish quid...:whistle2:
mention... Audisport and i believe he gives them away @£20...

Reactions: S3Lol
you have to buy the material....spend hours on it ....when theres a guy selling them on ebay for £20 oddish quid...:whistle2:
mention... Audisport and i believe he gives them away @£20...

Dam why didnt i know this before i bought mine

s3dave..
you sure this fits? without bending it I mean.

a customer brought me one, which looks pretty darned similar ;) and it did not fit well at all.

Its not worth sending @£55..:ohmy: you may as well make your own, sorry sam

Damn. I guess you, like Bill, don't use Royal Mail at that price. Fair play :)

Shame, the AUD is doing quite well so I've been buying a bit of gear from back there rather than the states.