Deciding on a car... the female way.

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Been looking for a cheap run around for my girlfriend and took her to view a nice little Ford Ka today.
During the decision making period I said to my girlfriend "It's not a bad deal, and they said it's just had a new clutch fitted".
She looked at me stoney faced and declared "Nah, forget it, they're lying".
I asked how she could tell.
Her response was this.........................
"I looked at that pedal and it didn't look new at all!" :huh:

Began to explain what having a "new clutch" actually meant, but the glazed look that appeared in her eyes made me decide against it.

Women, eh!! :banghead:

Last edited:
Been looking for a cheap run around for my girlfriend and took her to view a nice little Ford Ka today.
During the decision making period I said to my girlfriend "It's not a bad deal, and they said it's just had a new clutch fitted".
She looked at me stoney faced and declared "Nah, forget it, they're lying".
I asked how she could tell.
Her response was this.........................
"I looked at that pedal and it didn't look new at all!" :huh:

Began to explain what having a "new clutch" actually meant, but the glazed look that appeared in her eyes made me decided against it.

Women, eh!! :banghead:

Errr exquuussseee me sir, Not ALLL women are like this lol!!
Please tell me this is a joke, how can people be so thick with one head!!!:jester:

Ha ha ha....Great post mate love it!! Got my other half a new car in Jan. Landrover Freelander. "But its so big!!!" (ha ha scuse the pun!!) "You will get what your given". After she didnt pay for it so how can she complain! Now, however, she loves it. Because..."I cant feel speedbumps anymore" and "I'm so high up its great"......

Ha ha, classic :)

My other halfs come out with a few howlers in the past too, bless her :happy:

Aw bless! Now I'm not generalising, but....when the good lady wife and I were in Berlin a while back we spotted a 70s BMW at the side of the road for sale and being a fan of things which are old and pretty she loved it and said she'd be happy to drive it :blink:

I was thinking ****** hell, this is like an official seal of approval to mess around with rusty old cars and not get moaned at :yahoo:

Left that one there because the asking price would have been a bit of a scrape and neither of us fancied driving an unknown 35-year old car the 400-odd miles back...fast forward a few weeks and I'm feeling a bit flusher and showing her identical cars for sale on the 'net..."Nah I don't like them" :shrug:

Next time I'm thinking of getting her a car she'll have what she's ****** given :lmfao:

Just read this entire thread and it's taken me about 3 mins to stop laughing and get back up off of the floor....

Brilliant. :icon_thumright:

How much do you have to spend? Just thinking you could be cheeky and get her something you wouldnt mind driving yourself when yours is being serviced or MOT.. :)

A KA? Get her a Lupo, She we think its cute, you will know its cool!!