Climate Control Temp Changes No Longer On MMI

MarkWizard

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi chaps

I had my car in for a new climate control module as there were some pixels not working.

Got it back and now the little dials that pop up on the MMI when you adjust the temperature and heated seats don't show any more.

I've scanned the module and the old one ended was :
SW: 8T2 820 043 AG HW: 8T2 820 043 AG whereas the new one is:

SW: 8T2 820 043 T HW: 8T2 820 043 T

The coding has also changed from 34240000 to 64040000 - I've tried to change the coding but I get an error 31 out of range message.

Any ideas please? I can take it back but it's a ballache as the garage is miles away unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks

Mark.

I think that you will need to email them with proof that that car was originally fitted with a "AG" version and not a "T" version, and they need to get the correct version in and swop them over FOC, sounds like they made a mistake or are clowns dressed up in Audi uniforms.

If you did not know it, the HW number will be what is written on the lump they have been working on.

I think that you will need to email them with proof that that car was originally fitted with a "AG" version and not a "T" version, and they need to get the correct version in and swop them over FOC, sounds like they made a mistake or are clowns dressed up in Audi uniforms.

If you did not know it, the HW number will be what is written on the lump they have been working on.
I've got scans before and after. Is the T version likely an older one that doesn't support the MMI display or completely different part?

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I did not work out what the possibilities were but each version/option is for use with differing PR codes, you would need to do some homework using the on line parts listings to see which version is compatible with your car, sometimes you can assume that "higher" alphabetic versions are just newer/better than the lower ones which might have been dropped - and then there is like in this instance, a few versions still all available and each for their own use in the correct car only.

In other words, if this item is the same as some others, the "T" version is a more basic version than the "AG" etc - though if you do the homework you should find the answer.

Reactions: MarkWizard
Yes, VAG have an irritating habit of using the suffix letter for two reasons - sometimes as a revision code to show component development, often to fix problems, but other times as method of indicating differences in functionality. Likely it is the latter in this case, so it is important to have the same "AG" replacement.

Reactions: MarkWizard