AWE Switchpath Remote - Insurance

Bayzoo

Glovebox Demon
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought and got my friend to fit the AWE Switchpath Remote to my S3. It basically allows me to open or close the exhaust valve via a remote. The Remotereceiver was plugged in under the car at the back.

It was expensive for what it is, however it does change the exhaust note to a deeper tone which I'm really happy with (better for me than getting a whole new exhaust). The alternative was to keep them open all the time via VCDS.

I should have checked with my insurance provider first and they have now referred my policy to underwriting as it doesn't appear on their list of car mods. Do you think for a small mod like this that doesn't appear on the mods list they'll not allow it? Anyone been in a similar situation? Would hate to have to remove it as it does exactly what I need.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just bought and got my friend to fit the AWE Switchpath Remote to my S3. It basically allows me to open or close the exhaust valve via a remote. The Remotereceiver was plugged in under the car at the back.

It was expensive for what it is, however it does change the exhaust note to a deeper tone which I'm really happy with (better for me than getting a whole new exhaust). The alternative was to keep them open all the time via VCDS.

I should have checked with my insurance provider first and they have now referred my policy to underwriting as it doesn't appear on their list of car mods. Do you think for a small mod like this that doesn't appear on the mods list they'll not allow it? Anyone been in a similar situation? Would hate to have to remove it as it does exactly what I need.

Thanks.

I'm not sure for something so small like that I would have bothered telling them. Most insurance companies don't know what a mod is when you try and explain it to them lol. It's not really improving the performance of your vehicle and won't affect the cars road worthiness in any way. Fair play for being honest though. If you'd had changed the exhaust then fair enough, but something like that is in the same league as changing your door mirror caps imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jimojameso, pburv, batch and 4 others
That's given me some reassurance - guessing it comes under the minor cosmetic remit.

Declared a non standard air filter (Revo induction kit) which only put up my premium by £19 with Elephant.

Best to be safe than sorry I suppose.

Thanks

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Mark_86 and 1 other person