Audi A3 8V Reverse Camera (High) DIY Retrofit guide!!

I am Greek living in London. I visit lamia and kavala 5 or six times a year.
Superb , i can not see pm button, i found something very interesting with odis e

Attachments

• 0-02-05-4a7e6e783dc08f22f029c2256494477927613897f674b412e518c094d89fe8a8_4a1766ab.png
    0-02-05-4a7e6e783dc08f22f029c2256494477927613897f674b412e518c094d89fe8a8_4a1766ab.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 28
I'm waiting on a quote for a genuine camera.

Good thing I didn't get folding wing mirrors from AliExpress, they'll probably fold backwards.
Somethings as I understand it is cheap clones and others are genuine items. Audi has factories in china for assembly. That way they avoid import tax. Some parts are, let’s say borrowed and sold so can be genuine items and others are just clones as some parts are too expensive to repair/replace with genuine.
Thing is with Chinese manufacturing, especially cloned items, they are always consistent. So if it’s bad they are all bad but if they are good they are all good.

I am from Larisa , what do you understand with this message from odis e about pdc ?
you have a facelift camera in a pre facelift car, and a possible coding issue. Suggest you check your configurations.

Reactions: Vas S3 8V sedan
you have a facelift camera in a pre facelift car, and a possible coding issue. Suggest you check your configurations.
Yes, what I'm asking you is based on the diagnosis that I should look for, what's going on? In pdc ? If you want, please tell me from your experience what I should pay attention in order to solve the problem

How could I contact you?

Somethings as I understand it is cheap clones and others are genuine items. Audi has factories in china for assembly. That way they avoid import tax. Some parts are, let’s say borrowed and sold so can be genuine items and others are just clones as some parts are too expensive to repair/replace with genuine.
Thing is with Chinese manufacturing, especially cloned items, they are always consistent. So if it’s bad they are all bad but if they are good they are all good.
I assume that in any factory the items are cloned. Unless it's a brand name factory that doesn't have mass production. Bentley or Ferrari or something like that.
But Chinese manufacturing can be quality if it meets standards. Sometimes I think they forget to add enough metal to their parts :haha:

Good morning, check please your e mailbox
Will answer here so others can see the advice.

You need to double check that your codings are correct, beyond this you will need the assistance of someone with the correct tools and who is local to the vehicle in order to make things easier. If needed, someone that knows what they are doping can also update control modules. I do not offer this as a remote service as I do not support cloned tools such as ODIS E.

Reactions: Vas S3 8V sedan
Will answer here so others can see the advice.

You need to double check that your codings are correct, beyond this you will need the assistance of someone with the correct tools and who is local to the vehicle in order to make things easier. If needed, someone that knows what they are doping can also update control modules. I do not offer this as a remote service as I do not support cloned tools such as ODIS E.
from what i understand the only solution is to send me a genuine reversing camera. Ok we agree, how can you guarantee me that it will work like the Chinese one but without errors in the diagnosis?

I can’t guarantee, no one can. Don’t know the colour of your car let alone the condition it’s in :)

When someone comes to me for a retrofit I try to complete any works as error free as possible, but it’s not always possible as we are trying to add items that are not supposed to be on the car (don’t matter if it’s an OEM option or not), and also not all errors are actually errors or indeed issues, they can be just advisories. Your error is saying that your facelift reversing camera, that does not belong in your car, is expecting to see a message from the parking sensor system, and this message is not being sent. Could be a coding issue, could be a firmware or software issue. I would be checking the coding first as I have actually had this combination working with zero errors or advisories when customer have supplied their own parts.

FYI, while an AliExpress a3 facelift camera is around £100 I think, a genuine Audi OEM pre face lift camera (with the needed two wiring looms and external module, and bracket) is around £600 in parts to the average person, so I would look at your coding.

As an aside, I do wish people would stop getting hung up on having a clean diagnostic scan. Go buy a brand new Audi rs3 8Y for £70k and I guarantee it will be delivered to you will errors and advisories in the system. Also, look at the logs on your PC or Mac, you will have a heart attack!

Reactions: Vas S3 8V sedan, AlS3BE and Mikeso51
I can’t guarantee, no one can. Don’t know the colour of your car let alone the condition it’s in :)

When someone comes to me for a retrofit I try to complete any works as error free as possible, but it’s not always possible as we are trying to add items that are not supposed to be on the car (don’t matter if it’s an OEM option or not), and also not all errors are actually errors or indeed issues, they can be just advisories. Your error is saying that your facelift reversing camera, that does not belong in your car, is expecting to see a message from the parking sensor system, and this message is not being sent. Could be a coding issue, could be a firmware or software issue. I would be checking the coding first as I have actually had this combination working with zero errors or advisories when customer have supplied their own parts.

FYI, while an AliExpress a3 facelift camera is around £100 I think, a genuine Audi OEM pre face lift camera (with the needed two wiring looms and external module, and bracket) is around £600 in parts to the average person, so I would look at your coding.

As an aside, I do wish people would stop getting hung up on having a clean diagnostic scan. Go buy a brand new Audi rs3 8Y for £70k and I guarantee it will be delivered to you will errors and advisories in the system. Also, look at the logs on your PC or Mac, you will have a heart attack!
Ok I understand very clear thanks for your time, have a nice day