Audi A3 8P Power Folding Mirror Coding

TorqueyDale

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

This is my first thread, so bare with me if something is slightly wrong...

During the lockdown period I have retrofitted power folding mirrors to my 5dr A3 8P SB. I have sourced and fitted all the necessary parts including the 'P' spec door modules. The next step of this little project is to get them coded into the car. I have contacted my local VCDS dealer who has asked me to have the code ready for him. This is my first time dabbling into the coding side of any car, so I thought to seek some advice.

I have found the coding for the 8V which to my understanding is similar, but the 8P does not require coding to the CE? Is what I have found below correct for the 8P model?

Enabling Drivers Door Folding Mirror
[42 - Door Elect. Driver]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 4 Bit -> 4 Change 0 to 1
Or Check the box for "Foldable Mirrors Installed "

Enabling Passenger Door Folding Mirror
[52 - Door Elect. Pass]

On another note if anyone is interested in the process of installing these I'm happy to share what's worked and what's not worked.

Thanks

Reactions: Chell85
8V uses long coding, 8P is a collective number added together, vcds pops up the coding helper anyway to advise the numbers to add for features on each door.

Reactions: TorqueyDale
8V coding is nothing like the 8P as you have a mix of whats known as Long Coding and Adaptation channels for this retrofit. Waste of time following any 8V related information.

Depending on what you have in your car, ie door handle illunination, safe motor , pinch point etc will determine what your code would be . So once you open the module 42 go to coding and add up what you have in your car and type code into drivers side , then passengers aide ahould be 1 number less , my passengers is 0004734 , my drivers is but i couldn't see this code working as mine has be reprogrammed uaing Eeprom ( 0135804 ) mind i havr 3dr

Can you please explain a little bit more regarding parts for this retrofit, what I need to buy and install how many parts?
I have standard mirrors.

Reactions: shomi951
Afternoon All,

This is my first thread, so bare with me if something is slightly wrong...

During the lockdown period I have retrofitted power folding mirrors to my 5dr A3 8P SB. I have sourced and fitted all the necessary parts including the 'P' spec door modules. The next step of this little project is to get them coded into the car. I have contacted my local VCDS dealer who has asked me to have the code ready for him. This is my first time dabbling into the coding side of any car, so I thought to seek some advice.

I have found the coding for the 8V which to my understanding is similar, but the 8P does not require coding to the CE? Is what I have found below correct for the 8P model?

Enabling Drivers Door Folding Mirror
[42 - Door Elect. Driver]

Enabling Passenger Door Folding Mirror
[52 - Door Elect. Pass]

On another note if anyone is interested in the process of installing these I'm happy to share what's worked and what's not worked.

Thanks
Hi is this for the 8v
I have purchased all necessary parts to do this retrofit myself... I'm a girl who likes cars but this my first time too.. I even bought a Ross tech cable from gendan....can anyone help me ..

Hi is this for the 8v
I have purchased all necessary parts to do this retrofit myself... I'm a girl who likes cars but this my first time too.. I even bought a Ross tech cable from gendan....can anyone help me ..
Find out firstly if car is an 8P 2008-2012 or if its 8V as its a different way to code mirrors in if 8P check post from @NHN as he knows his stuff or if its 8V check post from @DJAlix .
Look for a Member @samuelh_888 & follow his build as his car is a SB and he has detailed all parts with part numbers . There u will find all u need for the folding mirror upgrade

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chell85
Find out firstly if car is an 8P 2008-2012 or if its 8V as its a different way to code mirrors in if 8P check post from @NHN as he knows his stuff or if its 8V check post from @DJAlix .
Look for a Member @samuelh_888 & follow his build as his car is a SB and he has detailed all parts with part numbers . There u will find all u need for the folding mirror upgrade

My car is the 8v .

Well best to seek advice in the 8V section off site and PM @DJAlix as he is the main 8V man as far as i know