A4 Avant, S4 saloon exhaust?

Dylan proudlock

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2017 b9 avant tDi and have found a b9 s4 saloon exhaust for sale at a decent price and was wondering if this could easily be put onto my car by a garage and if it worth getting? The top one is the exhaust I want to buy and the bottom one is an s4 avant exhaust I’ve seen on this forum?

Attachments

• 283018C5-F4B0-4011-AD4A-51ED90707F23.jpeg
    283018C5-F4B0-4011-AD4A-51ED90707F23.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 190
Not sure its a good idea to try to mix exhaust systems designed for different fuel types, although in principle its probably possible.

Are there not any after market systems designed for this vehicle/engine combo?

Not sure its a good idea to try to mix exhaust systems designed for different fuel types, although in principle its probably possible.

Are there not any after market systems designed for this vehicle/engine combo?
Anything after market is ridiculously expensive or not what I’m looking for, it’s only the rear half and valves I’ll be installing so shouldn’t be to much of a problem, just want to know if it’s possible and how much work it’ll take?

It is a 4 cylinder diesel, what would an exhaust from a v6 petrol engined car bring as the valves will do nothing. I doubt you can make a diesel sound like a proper petrol engine unless it is produced in a synthetic manner. You might be able to have turbo whoosh or boost noises but I doubt it will never pop or f*rt.
If you wish to have better looking rear exhausts then buy the kits suitable for your car, if they exist...

Last edited: