Stuuuuupid!!!

Razor81

Reaction score
Had a "moment" today where I realised if you hold the boot open button on the key fob, the boot opens!! What a @*&! Thought it just unlocked it.

Anyone else had one of these moments where they find something the A3 does that they didn't know before?

Come on, or I am the only idiot in the forum!

:keule:

I didn't think pressing the boot button once unlocked it.

I don't think you'd be the first not to know it opened when you hold it.

Dont worry mate its always the simple things that get us, like my recent why arent the wipers working, ah yes bonnet is open you breast lmfao, after 2 hours of removing wiper motor & testing on another car & then seeing that cars wipers didnt work either, considering I was wiring untold tech stuff on said car does make you feel rather silly, but made me & my mates laugh our heads of, if you cant laugh at yourself then what can you do huh.

Thorougly enjoyed the memory blip for sure, still laughing about it now, lol

My ex genuinely asked why my car only has 2 pedals, and said that i'm missing one

When i told her it was an auto, she didn't understand.....

I unlock mine and it locks again sooo quickly too! Or do I always have my hands full and cant get to it quick enough! Anyway, it doesnt open!

Maybe ur boot wants you to have to bend over to open Sarah...

Sorry i'm very very drunk........

Ok make you feel better, Hands Up, I did not know, and it was something that annoyed me to, it is one of the things I love about the car, you learn something new every now again about it, it is a car where you really should read a manual :(

I noticed that one of my reverse lights wasn't working. Drove to the shop, bought a bulb, drove back home, removed rear light cluster, removed bulb, fitted new bulb, refitted light cluster, tested new bulb, it still didn't work!!

Then realised that A3's only have one reverse light!! :faint:

I noticed that one of my reverse lights wasn't working. Drove to the shop, bought a bulb, drove back home, removed rear light cluster, removed bulb, fitted new bulb, refitted light cluster, tested new bulb, it still didn't work!!

Then realised that A3's only have one reverse light!! :faint:

LOL, ahh now that explains why they are so ***** at night, something I have all ready moaned about, I never new that cheap scapes, can you actually add a cluster to make both sides work in reversing lights?

Dont worry mate its always the simple things that get us, like my recent why arent the wipers working, ah yes bonnet is open you breast lmfao, after 2 hours of removing wiper motor & testing on another car & then seeing that cars wipers didnt work either, considering I was wiring untold tech stuff on said car does make you feel rather silly, but made me & my mates laugh our heads of, if you cant laugh at yourself then what can you do huh.

Thorougly enjoyed the memory blip for sure, still laughing about it now, lol

mate i did the exact same thing when i had to change my wiper motor (not HID related i would never fit them to a car) felt like a right ***** when i shut the bonnet in a rage and was giving up for the day :laugh:

My boot unlocks but doesnt open even if you hold the button down. Never used it anyway as my boot unlocks with the rest of the car so it seems a pointless button to me.

..........then i read on here that someone must have changed mine because the boot stays locked on new cars and you need vag-com to change the setting.

can you actually add a cluster to make both sides work in reversing lights?

Yeah get the lhd version for that side.

mate i did the exact same thing when i had to change my wiper motor (not HID related i would never fit them to a car) felt like a right ***** when i shut the bonnet in a rage and was giving up for the day :laugh:

phewwwww, thought was just me being stuuuuuuupid lmfao, I was laughing my **** of though mate when I realised it, I'll never forget that now, you feel like a ***** but at the same time you're laughing at yourself & also relieved huh lol

Lmao for NHN and P5SND of course (hope you don`t mind fellas)... but WOW!

:laugh:

The button for the rear lid is imho pointless since my car unlocks everything with the main button. What could be cool would be the rear lid opening all the way with the press of a button. But hey, we haven`t got S classes or 7 series :)

Dont worry son, it'll happen to you lmao, nah its all good, as I said if you cant laugh at yourself huh................................

Yeah that was my point :)

Laugh at yourself, it is worth it!! Believe me i do it all the time ;)

I bet you and your mates had some serious fun after !!!

Lmao for NHN and P5SND of course (hope you don`t mind fellas)... but WOW!

:laugh:

The button for the rear lid is imho pointless since my car unlocks everything with the main button.
What could be cool would be the rear lid opening all the way with the press of a button. But hey, we haven`t got S classes or 7 series :)

It sort of depends where you live and often drive, having a boot locked all the time if in, or out of the car is quite a good safety feature, can stop chance by thieves run up and open and leg it, for its inconvenience I rather it be locked, so the holding button on the fob is of no issue for me I am quite happy it stay that way now that I have found out about it,, Love these Forums, gained so much knowledge cos too lazy to read the manual.

Well while i`m driving my car locks after 15km/h so no chance anyone getting in my boot!

Love these Forums, gained so much knowledge cos too lazy to read the manual.
Amen to that!

haha yeah mate i id and thought why didnt i think of that cause it does make sense that they cant work without it being shut, dad just let me suffer too......... ******* :laugh:

It sort of depend where you live anddrive often, having a boot locked all the time if in or out of the car is quiet a good safety feature and can stop chance by thieves run up and open and leg it, for its inconvenience I rather it be locked, so the hold button on fob is of no issue for me I quite happy it stay that way no that I have found out about it,, Love these Forums, gained so much knowledge cos too lazy to read the manual.

Yeap good point tbh as if you live in Manc, you'd want a suit of armour to go with your boot relase button huh lmao

Yeah Brett its a man thing, we know everything about everything, we dont need manuals lmao, thing is women cant understand them anyway when they attempt to read them, eg. woman map reading equals insurance claim lmfao.

Yeap good point tbh as if you live in Manc, you'd want a suit of armour to go with your boot relase button huh lmao

Yeah Brett its a man thing, we know everything about everything, we dont need manuals lmao, thing is women cant understand them anyway when they attempt to read them, eg. woman map reading equals insurance claim lmfao.

I'm soooo tempted to say something here lol!!!! You dont need to read manuals, have a fiddle, soon comes clear but you lot dont fiddle with just the cars lol so get side tracked!! :jump:

Just give your women sat nav if they cant read maps lol, flippin easy to read a map! :racer: lol

Last edited:
My crystal ball works, BITEEEEEEE pmsl

haa haa yup 1-0 to you.....for now! I'll get ya! lol

Oh and becareful, dont sit down too hard with those crystal balls of yours :lmfao:

I can assure you, they're certainly not hard as crystal atm, think we know why pmsl

So are we saying then that new cars aren't able to open boot by holding down button ??? ( Quite like the sound of this feature) ,unless activated by vag-com ! Cheers .

Had a "moment" today where I realised if you hold the boot open button on the key fob, the boot opens!! What a @*&! Thought it just unlocked it.

Anyone else had one of these moments where they find something the A3 does that they didn't know before?

Come on, or I am the only idiot in the forum!

:keule:

i didnt know A3's could do this, i hold downthe button on mine and it only unlocks. What year is your car? and can this be activated on VCDS?

Its is a 10 plate sportback BE. When I hold it down it pops the lock open so just need to lift it up...

Haven't done anything to it, all standard from the factory.

Ooohhh I thought you meant it actually 'opened' it lol

Mine unlocks and does whats yours does, but would like it to open right up too!!

i belive you could possibly retrofit a popper lock from a golf in there nhn?

It does pop up slightly. If it just unlocked you would still have to push the boot open button.