Braided hoses

robern2

Reaction score
Anyone on here running braided brake hoses, feedback appreciated.

i dont currently have them on my car, but i run them on my motorbike and id say definately well worth the money! if you do lots of hard, braking then get them, if not then there is no big reason to swap them over. yea they last longer and dont bulge under pressure but like a said, if you are just doing normal road driving, then you will not see benefits. if you do the occasional track day then yea, they will be worth it

I agree with the above statement. I have had them on my last three road cars but then they all had big brake kits and i tend to drive my cars hard.

I am doing an S3 brake conversion on my car 2.0TDi, should I get braided hoses?
If so any recomendations/links appreciated

Thanks
Simon

They do look better and are mainly for fast road driving / track. I happened to be looking around at some last night the range in price from about £70 - 200. i always used goodridge ones but i dont think they are available for the S3 8P

I have been unable to find any for a reasonable price.
I don’t think I drive too mad so I'm just going to get all new OEM £52.90 and use some ATE Blue Racing Brake Fluid (Dot 4 I believe) have read some good reviews on it

By the way DOT 5.1 is the best brake fluid due to higher boiling point, i might order some briaded hoses myself now lol

I never found any benefit in them ..I have fitted a dozen sets over the years to my bikes because they are visible and look good but to be honest modern rubber pipes do not bulge anyway these days. As stated above Dot 5 or synthetic brake fluids make a much more noticeable difference as well as soft pads ect but unless you suffer from brake fade now..then there are better things to spend money on.....like beer

I agree tbh with Paddy, todays hoses are very good, the 345mm specfic hoses are extremely strong as in I cant see them bulging whatsoever, so to fit braided to these brakes would imho be a waste of money as oem's are cheap tbh & I fitted new ones to my SB & just by looking at them, they're screaming at me "I'm a hard mofo" lmfao