8P 2.0T cold air induction and odd noises

Persian

CEO
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long story short, i've recently bought a 2.0T Quattro S line SE which came with a Neuspeed induction (car is also mapped stage1)
http://www.neuspeed.com/651097-neuspeed-p-flo-air-intake-kit.html

Now the problem is, when the car is rolling in gear/neutral (accelerator released) I can hear a fairly loud air leak (shshshsh) noise (this is continues until rpm drops below 1.5k)?

When I accelerate and put my foot down, its not apparent anymore and a normal intake noise is heard (as expected).

Used to own a S3 8L with all sorts of modification yet never heard anything like this? Wondering whether this is normal as I've read in other threads its to do with the throttle body closing and the intake air circulating back? (don't quote me)

Sorry if its a repeated question, haven't been able to search for it on the forum.

Last edited:
The Neuspeed is a fairly loud intake and most people say it is a bit like having Darthvader Living in the glovebox!
It would be worth checking that the jubilee clips are tight on the silicone pipe attaching to the turbo and onto the intake. It is quite tight down there and you will need a 7 or 8mm socket on a short extension.
The Neuspeed is a well made piece of kit that fits well.
Also check any of the other pipes for obvious leaks.
Could you post a sound clip?

Reactions: Persian
The Neuspeed is a fairly loud intake and most people say it is a bit like having Darthvader Living in the glovebox!
It would be worth checking that the jubilee clips are tight on the silicone pipe attaching to the turbo and onto the intake. It is quite tight down there and you will need a 7 or 8mm socket on a short extension.
The Neuspeed is a well made piece of kit that fits well.
Also check any of the other pipes for obvious leaks.
Could you post a sound clip?

Cheers for the response, will certainly check the clips and hopefully get a video of it. Unfortunately I've tried to record it on video but it doesn't pick up the noise mainly because of the exhaust