yoyoo.jpg

yoyon.jpg

yoyop.jpg

Just thought I'd mention them.

Rock the baby
Walk the dog
Around the world
:rock:

One of the few things I practiced and got good at was yo-yoing, and it was those yo-yos! :wub:

About 1989 wasn't it?

Yep, I think it must have been around the late eighties.

It's all coming back to me now..... excessive 'walking the dog' causing the string to break and the rest of the yo-yo hurtling down the road at what seemed like 200mph.

I need another one! Got through a few due to string breakage and the associated crash damage - didn't take long before I wasn't allowed to yo-yo in the house :shrug:

Good lord, that's 20 years ago. I feel ancient :laugh:

Not saying I am old but I can remember when skateboards came out, the introduction of Compact Discs, telly with three channels and the first flight of the space shuttle.

Not saying I am old but I can remember when skateboards came out, the introduction of Compact Discs, telly with three channels and the first flight of the space shuttle.

I obviously much older because I can remember when there were no such things as skateboards, when televisions were only in black and white and only one channel, the launch of the original Russian Sputnik and staying up at night to watch the first moon landing live!

I obviously much older because I can remember when there were no such things as skateboards, when televisions were only in black and white and only one channel, the launch of the original Russian Sputnik and staying up at night to watch the first moon landing live!

We are going to have to go a long way to trump that one Sir. :salute:

WOW!!!

What a blast from the past :)

i actually remember quite a bit of the mentioned, except EVERYTHING that Dave mentioned...lol ;)

Strange how things go in cycles. I remeber yo-yo's being a crazy at school and I'm only 21 and now apprantly they're coming back agsin?

yoyoo.jpg

yoyon.jpg

yoyop.jpg

Just thought I'd mention them.

Rock the baby
Walk the dog
Around the world
:rock:

WOW, a blast from the past, I was lucky enough to get a marked ring pull for a limited edition gold one, I cheekily put in the letter requesting 2 of them, and 2 turned up the week after! :) So I kept one as spare(which is in the attic somehwhere) and used the second one as you would a normal one. The string eventually broke on that one, and it span off, scratching the gold surface, and underneath was a green finish, it was just a standard Sprite one with gold paint!

WOW, a blast from the past, I was lucky enough to get a marked ring pull for a limited edition gold one, I cheekily put in the letter requesting 2 of them, and 2 turned up the week after! :) So I kept one as spare(which is in the attic somehwhere) and used the second one as you would a normal one. The string eventually broke on that one, and it span off, scratching the gold surface, and underneath was a green finish, it was just a standard Sprite one with gold paint!

haha, that's brilliant! The cheeky gits, just painting the sprite gold. No wonder they didn't mind giving you two.

I'm too young for yo-yo's :p