Puddle Lights

kool_bouy

Reaction score
I am fitting s3 door panel which has no Puddle light hole.
My existing Door panel has the light package. So want to transfer it on to the new Panels. I am stuck need help. Need to get the handle led and the puddle lights fitted. Dont know how to make the best hole. Any suggestions.

Dremel/stanley knife, take your time & should be fairly easy, just measure old & mark up new with market pen, as its underneath no one will see anything huh, should be able to do to oem spec tbh, there should be a cutout already to remove, most are marked but not cutout if the lights arent spec'd as same mould used when making cards I should think.

Thanks for that will give it a go. Then will let u know.

I used a dremmel on my first retro fit on my A3 and to be honest it melted the plastic and took me a long time. I've recently added them to my A4 and I made a cardboard template and then used a sharp wood chisel and hammer on the end of my workmate. It took about 30 seconds for each one.

I guess it depends on the dremel bit you use, but the secret is to drill multiple holes along the route of cutting, then use a stanley to cut the rest & trim it down a little, but can see what you mean Neil, done this myself with plastic parts.