MTM Conversion

Pat

Reaction score
I have fazs old s3.. I`m trying to find out the spec on the car, ie what turbo, is it running different injectors.. has anyone else got this conversion..

Just ring QST & ask as they're main dealers, personally cant stand Kim etc

Yeah but doesnt say exactly what turbo..

I tried looking this conversion up a few year back, Bu nobody would tell me the spec of the turbo then either.

When ive had mine mapped pat we will have to see how they pull.
I would fully expect mine to be behind yours but... by how much could be intresting

Knowing QST he's probably missed of a 1 at the beginning mate, he's never cheap.

On another note looking through their site and saw this,

"Milltek exhaust system
Milltek middle and rear exhaust system in stainless steel with twin tail pipes (70mm) £270"

Are they normally that cheap?

It looks thats just the rear box,
Not the system

Just ring QST & ask as they're main dealers, personally cant stand Kim etc

He's your best mate Nige, you obviously used to nip round and have tea, WITH HIS MOTHER

1_motherinlaw.jpg

Knowing QST he's probably missed of a 1 at the beginning mate, he's never cheap.

Are you saying he's a con man?! :readit:
TheConMan_large.jpg

Thats such a likeness aswell, lol.

I didnt say he was anything but overpriced, but I will say £400 of my money got me sweet FA, wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, they've always been OTT on pricing & also very arrogant aswell.

Wow, i bet that thing pulls well then?!!!

How much would it cost from stage one to that sort of power i wonder?

According to my link, £6850.00. I doubt you will get a discount for having Stage 1 already, it's a full Big Turbo conversion.

Probably better off off going to JBS or Backdraft for an IHI conversion, it's a lot cheaper!

I would rather change cars to something that could handle the power than spend the £4k+ for 325bhp+ on my 8L S3.

Pat your conversion is pretty much identical to mine, Ive got more info on the parts at home somewhere, will look them out for you.

People seem to slag off Kim and Qst but Ive got nothing but praise for them. Always been on hand to help me, Ive had the missfortune of dealing with other similar companies who dont compare. Guess some tuners just arent as popular as others in the 'scene' and people may have their own reason.

Price wise their not the cheapest, but buy cheap and you buy twice. Ive had zero problems with my car and setup and I put that down to the quality work. Each to their own tho, seen plenty of other people have lots of issues with other companys, Ive had none of that.

According to my link, £6850.00. I doubt you will get a discount for having Stage 1 already, it's a full Big Turbo conversion.

Probably better off off going to JBS or Backdraft for an IHI conversion, it's a lot cheaper!

I would rather change cars to something that could handle the power than spend the £4k+ for 325bhp+ on my 8L S3.

Wow, thats alot. I agree. If i sold my car then added that on top i'd have about £13k to spend on something thats either already got that sort of power or something that easily remaps up to it!
Like:
RS4
M3
S4 V8
Evo
Impreza, to name but a few!

The hybrid (JBS05) has always caught my eye but i'd never get that one passed the missus. Unless my existing turbo failed then i can assure you i'd not replace it with a standard one!!! hehe

Last edited:
I have fazs old s3.. I`m trying to find out the spec on the car, ie what turbo, is it running different injectors.. has anyone else got this conversion..
I Have a mtm s3 and spec is as follows
andy mac sub upgrade
genuine Porsche 996 Turbo 8x18in alloy wheels,on H&R adaptors with 225/40/18 mich ps2's.
Front Movit 342mm discs with GT3 Monobloc Calipers.
pigid rs29's (Yellows)front and rear
Movit Braided Brake Lines with Race fluid
Rear RS4 GmbH drilled 315mm discs with MTM caliper kit.
Intrax custom 2 way coilovers
forge quick shift
Forge Adjustable Rear tie bars
MTM dog bone bushes
MTM Haldex Controller(allows you to lock the torque split 50/50)
MTM Paddle Clutch
Miltek low back pressure sports exhaust with sports cats and MTM/Miltek downpipe
MTM 345bhp engine conversion, KKK K26 turbo, external wastegate,custom MTM cast exhaust manifold,bigger injectors,samco inlet,intercooler,turbo and manifold hoses,MTM front mount additional oil cooler,custom map on QST's rolling road by MTMs Peter Link.
Im surley forgeting something.............

Kim e.mailed me today with more or less what you just said.. I would like to know exactly what injectors it runs..

As i said i have alot of plans for this engine over next year and i`m just trying to find out exactly whats been done.. agreed i wouldnt pay 6-7k for it personally at qst BUT as i brought the car like this i think i got a hell alot of car for not alot of cash...

If your feeling brave enough, best bet would be to dig one out and see what numbers you can get from it, pain in the **** I know! If not try contracting MTM direct in Germany via email, assuming Kim used the parts they supplied in the kit they should be able to shed some light on it.

Agree with you on the whole buying done, Ive got recipts for the work done on mine there and for the upgrade including the exhaust and labour etc it comes in at about £11000, got numerous other recipts from them too and all the servicing was done there too! Te previous owner really wasnt shy with his cash, it was his wifes car too as he had an MTM'd Q7!

surely a GT30 would come in at less than the QST fitted figure and knock the crap out of the MTM build.......

Quite possibly, all I can say for the the work is that if youve got the money to spend on it then it is lovely, Ive had no problems whatsoever, Id happy spend the extra money and enjoy the comfort and knowledge Ive got an extremly reliable and still quick car.

The power it puts out is more than adequite for the UK roads and trackdays etc, much more power would be pointless

yeah i know mate but for half the cost, more power running well under its capability with potentially couple thousand spare...... i know i wouldnt be paying the £7k especially after tuftys thread ;)

Id rather just let someone else do the MTM work then pay £10k for a lovely S3 with all the work already done for me to a high standard, without having to go thru the ball ache of doing it myself, suffering teething problems or being without a car for a few days ;)

Well i`ll be having the engine rebuilt in near future..

How do MTM cars handle?

I love the S3 but in standard form its no handler! I hate lowered hardened suspension too so mods to make it handle better usually compromise bumpy road driveability, is this the case?

Certainly wouldn't spend that sort of cash on one not when there are other cars out there build from the factory with that sort of reliable power

S3s are shocking as standard.. this is my second..

My 1st had H&Rs ARBs and bilsteins.. PERFECT..

This one has Neuspeed ARBs, Uprated haldex, MTM -20mm springs and standard shocks.. handles very well.. BUT shockers want changing...