Audi A3 running Audi A5 18' S-line wheels..

G

Goner

I can get some of the above wheels for £300 + my wheels off a mate, they are genuine Audi with 245/40/18 tires which are all brand new, the wheels are brand new, they have covered around 1000 miles, being sold due to an upgrade to 20's.

My question is, has anyone ever seen an A3 running these wheels, do you think they could suit the car and also.. the important part.. with them being wider wheels will they rub on the inner arch liners when driving lock to lock, IE driving in a circle?

These are the wheels.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/334845,16238/2009-Audi-A5_photo.aspx

All opinions welcome.

:thumbsup:

All you need to find out is the offset of the wheel

I`m guessing they wont fit since S5 wheels are around 30-35 ET

Ah that could be a problem then lol.. what ET are the S line wheels that i have at the moment? Wheel fitments aways confuse me.. I under stand 5 studs and that's about it!

The A3`s got ET 52, actually rubbing doesn`t happen until 42 ET or so

Somebody correct me if i`m wrong!

I don't understand this ET talk. :faint:

What is ET?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Well you`ve got to ask first dont ya?

Also 245/40 on a TDI? Isn`t that too much?

Well you`ve got to ask first dont ya?

Also 245/40 on a TDI? Isn`t that too much?

I've no idea mate, that's why I'm after some opinions/information.

The wheels on my motor at the moment are 18' 225/40/18's..

When you say isn't that too much, what do you mean?

Sorry for the silly questions but I'm not too sure what I'm on about when it comes to wheels and sizes etc.

The offset or ET of the current A5 wheel is around 28mm to 32mm dependent on width.
Your A3 will have an offset of around 54mm, this will mean when the A5 wheels are fitted they will stick out around 25mm more. Too much for your A3.

You will also need reducing spigot rings.
The hub center bore on the A5 is 66mm your A3 is 57mm

I tried a 19 inch S5 alloy on my A3, Offset was ET32, they looked ****** stupid to be honest, looked a like a quad bike!

offset is your biggest problem as tyres can be changed but 255 is also way too wide and the rolling radius of this size will affectively raise the height of your car.

Just forget it! :)