revo trial,maff buggerd :(

petrol~head

Reaction score
went into revo for a trial today they hoocked it up to the laptop and it came up bad maff
has anyone brought the £35 maff on ebay and are they any good?

Don't do it mate... get one from Audi... Last one I bought cost £68+vat IIRC plus an exchange surcharge that you get back when you return the duff one... Ironically I have had mine for 6 months and it faulted at the weekend with 'Signal too Low'... I am booking it into Audi to check and they say they will replace it FOC if it proves faulty.

<tuffty/>

Ive heard the ebay ones are crap and dont last too long, I got mine from Eurocar parts plus exchange surcharge, slightly cheaper than audi, but they are genuine BOSCH

regards
Rob

Tuffty how come audi are doing it foc?

Try TPS Adam there cheaper in the then the dealers i think there around the £40-50 mark.

12 month warranty on new parts perhaps?

Appears to more complicated than that... They have to run up to 2 hours of diagnostics to prove its the MAF at fault... If they think its not the MAF then I am liable for the diagnostics....

They 'tell' me its going to cost me £45 if they discover it was because the washer fluid is of the wrong type or something and not a faulty MAF but it does take the **** a little.

Audi UK insist the diags are done on their 5051 machine as the part wasn't fitted at a recognised VAG garage.

PITA tbh... FYI, my MAF from Audi was 6 months old... might end up working it into my 5k service routine if they go that often!!!

<tuffty/>

2 year warranty on most parts from audi direct.

Maf can go anytime tbh, can last for years or months, they're so intermittant & question of many a fault, but dont ever buy from ebay, always buy this part new & always from audi or TPS, that way you are guaranteed it to be genuine & new.

Depending on your relationship with dealer cause mine would just swap it over, they're more than within there rights to test it with there VAS, they dont know whats occurred with the unit as they didnt fit it, hey I dont personally use Audi for majority of my car servicing or work required as I do most myself with mates help but I think its fair for them to require it to be tested as could very well be another component at fault.

Chances are they're fault it anyway, if you're doing service with them then they'll probably swap over then anyway, if you're nice to them, buy them some lolipops lol.

id be more worried about your ******** computer...... unless you actually buy the Revo it will never be standard ever again ;)

id be more worried about your ******** computer...... unless you actually buy the Revo it will never be standard ever again ;)

I've heard that before - REVO turn back your power to less that original once the trial period is over - but has it ever been proven?

Hate to see people slated over rumours.

Although I'm an APR type of guy so what do I care!! :rolleyes:

Coming from an APR guy, lmfao thats a good one, lol.

i have now ordered one from audi direct didnt want to take a chance on fleebay
thanks all for the advise :)

I've heard that before - REVO turn back your power to less that original once the trial period is over - but has it ever been proven?
I've never seen one shred of proof in three and a half years and that is a fact.

Jase & Revo

bbr40-coverart.jpg

Try TPS Adam there cheaper in the then the dealers i think there around the £40-50 mark.

not according to my incoice they aint.. TPS trade price inc exchange surcharge was £123

got a brand new one off them yesterday, faulty out of the box!! b0ll0x....

Bosch suk

Took my car to the dealer today so they could 'test' my MAF. It was faulty... however.... they blamed the air filter as its a pipercross and they said the oil from it contaminated the MAF... now normally I may agree with them but on this occasion I know the filter was not oiled from new as I delibrately didn't bother..

I ended up having to pay 'cost' for the MAF but no labour charge...

Moral of the story is to ensure you have a resonable mileage paper airfilter to put on prior to an inspection should you find yourselves in the same situation...

<tuffty/>

I've never seen one shred of proof in three and a half years and that is a fact.

+1

probably an internet rumour started by someone who had an ancillary issue during a flash trial, then the car felt down on power afterwards.

I've seen a hundred threads thinking the 'remap' is the point source of an issue, when actually they eventually turn out to be the fault of ancillaries or air leaks.

i got my maff today i put it on went down the road and f**king hell does it shift i booted it again and the pipe came off the inter cooler lol.i went back to the shop to get a juberly clip and the bloke said my car was on limp mode when i had a bad maff.before owning the Audi i had a prelude si running at 200bhp and the Audi feels quicker so the Audi must of had a re map or an upgraded turbo? how can i find out if the car has been remapped/well chuffed with power :):)

What model car do you have? If it had already been chipped, then I'm sure the REVO agent that you took it to would have told you that there was already a remap in place.

I always thought that in limp mode the car would not rev above 3000rpm, at that the top speed was limited to 60/70mph (or something like that? ) - what sort of symtoms were you seeing previously?

revo only hooked it up to see what faults there was.the symptoms i had before was when i floored it you couldn't here the turbo and 0-60 was like 14 secs it felt really slow and slugish.but now it throws you back in the seat and feels realy healthy and now 0-60 feels like 6- 7 secs what a difference a maff has done,the modle is a a3 1.8t 1999.it defo not 150 bhp i have had honda's that were tuned up to 200bhp and the a3 feels alot qwicker.it may have a ko3s or ko4 or a remap .im off to revo tomorrow to see if its had a remap and what turbo is on the car

I assume you haven't had the car that long then and you're unsure of the history?

When I read your OP I assumed you were saying that REVO had somehow done something to the MAF - but it was actually running poor before the visit?

Sounds sorted now - think you'll enjoy the chip when it gets done!

went in to revo today
smiley.png
what a RESULT
laughing.png
the car is already been remapped we went up and down the dualy 3 times he couldn't work out why it has so much torque,more torque than a revo remap
laughing.png
wheel spinning in 1st ,2nd,3rd up the dualy lol .fitting a
boo.png
st gauge tomorrow so il see what
boo.png
st I'm hitting recon its had a turbo upgrade .what a result
smiley.png
well chuffed with the power ,happy days

went in to revo today
smiley.png
what a RESULT
laughing.png
the car is already been remapped we went up and down the dualy 3 times he couldn't work out why it has so much torque,more torque than a revo remap
laughing.png
wheel spinning in 1st ,2nd,3rd up the dualy lol .fitting a
boo.png
st gauge tomorrow so il see what
boo.png
st I'm hitting recon its had a turbo upgrade .what a result
smiley.png
well chuffed with the power ,happy days

Boost gauge is a must. I know my brother had an unidentified map on his old leon cupra r, was fast as hell but the boost levels were rediculous. Ended up gettings revo just for piece of mind but was obviously a little slower.

:iagree:I had the revo 5 hour trial and once the 5 hours ran out the car felt a lot slower than before the revo trial :wtf:

I then decided to get a re-map done by Celtic Tuning (£200 less than Revo for the same quoted power gain) and the guy confirmed that the Revo trail was the reason for the car feeling underpowered...Also Revo had deleted the car VIN number from the ECU :uhm: thankfully the guy from Celtic Tuning put the VIN number back on my ECU.

I had a problem within 10 mins of driving the car after the Celtic Tuning re-map, called and they came back round and ran a diagnostics check which confirmed that a coil pack had gone down!! changed all 4 coils to the type you bolt down and the car runs sweet as a nut...
I know most people on this forum stand by Revo but from my experience I would recomend Celtic Tuning over Revo..

Just my 2 cents :respekt:

Yea Ads get ready to buy some new coil packs if the owner hadnt already...Glad to hear she goes :happy:

thanks :rockwoot: yea i fitted my boost gauge it tops out at 16psi :)
it had 4 new coil packs 6 months ago .