fitted my black diamond discs,ebc greenstuff pads

ROLTYA3TURBO

essex boy :)
Reaction score
i just finished fitting my new uprated discs and pads and also gave the car a service running very nicely :)
here's some pics of my new setup,all thats left that i wanna do brakewise is install my goodridge brake lines next weekend and renew the brake fluid, then it's onto the engine mods :yahoo:

discs - black diamond 20 groove
pads - ebc greenstuff

discs/caliper off
2009-06-06142936.jpg

old audi discs off
2009-06-06165752.jpg

greenstuff pads
2009-06-06143226.jpg

old v new
2009-06-06143305.jpg

new setup complete :)
2009-06-06151859.jpg

view through the wheel (yes my car needs cleaning haha)
2009-06-06174349.jpg

nice job matey, you do know you dont have to remove the whole caliper to repalce the discs and pads dont you?

Reactions: WhoIsHwad
ah okies, my neighbour did mine so i havent first hand knowledge, only spotted it cos i removed my A3 calipers to replace discs and he showed me that it wasnt necessary

shame you went for greenstuff pads though

uh oh havent these been withdrawn from the S3 because the pad seperates from the metal part of the pad....

should of gone for the ferrodo DS2500s which are pricey but worth it, i have them on mine

I've been using the yellow stuff pads for the last year and they are fine

Well glen tested them and thats what happened.
Im regreting not buying ferrodo's now, my old pads where them and even thought they were down to the bare metal nearly where still better than the oem stuff ive got on now :wtf:

i had to remove the caliper otherwise it makes replacing the discs a pain,i've had greenstuff pads on all my cars before and where really good as are these nicely bedding in now and braking superb.i did read the post about them on the s3 tho.i'll be getting a bigbrake kit when the power of the engine gets higher tho so this will do just fine for now :)

This may sound like a stupid question but do Black Diamond Disks stay black ??

Yes they do Jason, admitally not as black as when you first fit them but still remain dark if that makes sense...

Rolty how you finding the greenstuff pads? Im running standard mintex pads with my black diamonds and there doing well.

they do stay dark,not as black as they come but definantly not as silver as standard discs.
the greenstuff pads seem to be doin pretty well now there bedded in,nice to know i can brake a lil bit later :)

My greenstuff pads are spot on too, loads of bite compared to stock.

Loads less brake dust too. I cleaned my car the other day and the back wheels have a coating of brake dust but the fronts hardly have a spec on them. :)

less brake dust is a win in my book. When I finally get my wheels back tomorrow they'll be sealed with a few coats of wax to stop the little brake dust I do get from eating the coating away.

sounds like a good idea tom,make sure you put some pics up of your freshly painted rims,wanna see what they look like :) how is your custom remap going?spoke to amd today about revo stage 1 for my car £299+vat,can do anytime they reckon or i could go to a local tuning centre in romford and they said they could a custom remap,dunno what would be best?

I assume you didnt remove the caliper completely? Still connected to the fluid lines yeah ?

Green stuff were ok on my Cav, but having driven on DS2500 i wouldn't look anywhere else

sounds like a good idea tom,make sure you put some pics up of your freshly painted rims,wanna see what they look like :) how is your custom remap going?spoke to amd today about revo stage 1 for my car £299+vat,can do anytime they reckon or i could go to a local tuning centre in romford and they said they could a custom remap,dunno what would be best?

Have a look at my 'progress' thread tomorrow and there should be pics on there. I would have had them back today but there was an issue.

My maps great though, its a Custom Code phase 1. Car pulls really well, its really REALLY good now...so much more poke compared to standard.

I'd go for a generic map from a well known company such as AMD, Revo or Custom Code. You can get cheap 'custom maps' but to be honest they're not that great. A generic map is fine for mine and your cars due to the lack of bug engine mods. Mine was £250 all in :) Its a very smooth power delivery but it really goes when you boot it. Even when cruising at motorway speeds it really pulls well right through the range. Very happy with it.

yea think i'll be sticking to a revo map at amd,afterall there both race bread!can't beat there experience and knowledge.gonna get on the phone tomorrow and see if i can arrange to have it done friday afternoon seeing as though it's friday and i normally leave work early :) what a way to start the weekend though ay! haha :rockwoot:

You'll be well happy with it mate, really transforms the car.