Dump Valve whoooosh

CHARGED UP

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering if you can put a dump valve on a audi s3 2001 that makes a dump whoooosh noise because ive just bought a brand new one and it brings a n valve fault, on my old vw golf 1.8t it was straight forward without any hassle thanks for you advice :)

You can put one on but it starts chucking up the fault codes etc, i think afew people are running the forge splitter one and that can be used as a reciruclating one or to make the whooshing noise.

If you do go for the splitter make sure its set up properly, dont open it all the way (which gives the most noise) as it too will throw up fault codes sooner or later.

and will always reduce your power aswel as making you sound like an anti social type.... Ford or Vauxhall badges can be bought from the dealers or ebay to complete the look:salute:

and will always reduce your power aswel as making you sound like an anti social type.... Ford or Vauxhall badges can be bought from the dealers or ebay to complete the look:salute:
have you heared the sound of a spliter valve???? there really not chavvy at all its a really nice sound and i can hardly hear it with the window open, you wont loose any power from having an atmosphric dump valve either

Why would someone choose the splitter over the closer loop valve? Is the difference purely the noise??

basically yep but the splitter valve can be blocked off to make it fully recirc and the spring rate is adjustable rather then having to replace springs you can adjust it to how you want it. so id say its actually better

have you heared the sound of a spliter valve???? there really not chavvy at all its a really nice sound and i can hardly hear it with the window open, you wont loose any power from having an atmosphric dump valve either

Ive got a split-:keule:r and when i had the standard airbox i could hardly hear it....But now i got my intake its a little more noisey but im considering buying a 007P as setting the Split-R up is a pain in the ***!