Dump valve

a3dcf

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive got a a3 1.8t 1999, ive just send my ecu off to jason at more bhp for a re-map ive purchased a K&N 57i Induction Kit air filter and stuck to which dump valve to buy as theres so many for sale, i dont want a noisy one!! just a good performance one. many thanks Dave

agreed with above the 007P is thw way to go.

IMO K&N are crap

Whats crap about k&n which would you go for also where can i find the cheapest forge dv? cheers

i got my 007P from S3BAM, for a good price. not sure on current price or if he still sells, drop him a PM

i used a K&N on my corsa C and it killed my MAF sensor, mate used a K&N on his LCR killed his MAF within a couple of weeks.

better filters out there but thats my opinion

iv got a K&N on my a3 doesn't seem to cause any problems but i did read on the K&N website this - K&N Response to Mass Air Flow Sensor Concerns

i don't know if its just K&N saying this to watch there *** so loads of people don't ring up and blame them, also in the Neuspeed P-Flow Kit it uses a K&N filter and iv herd quite a few people using them. and from my personal experience when i fitted my girlfriends jetex on her LCR it felt more oily than my K&N.

Last edited:
woah powertec seems to bum everything else, that pretty much changes my view on cone filters and what the difference between them is.

woah powertec seems to bum everything else, that pretty much changes my view on cone filters and what the difference between them is.

it does but also offers the least protection. jetex is the best compromise it seems.

no ratings on the hks mushroom filter i have this and find it a great filter i have had the powertec filter on my previous car.

the powertec was good filter little maintenence needed.

the hks mushroom filter is great filter change the filter every 6months costs £5 fo the element and is a dry system so no oil in the filter

i use RamAir filters. used them on my C, my 1.6 A3 and now on my 1.8T A3. never had one problem with them.

Ive been running a k&n panel filter for 3+ years now, no maf problems at all and on my last logging run saw 170g/s on an unmapped amk.

i like the way you get bhp from installing this lol, i wouldnt touch that imo danny either forge 007p, bailey dv30 or standard bosch dv