New Alloys for an RS4....

klauster

Reaction score
Whats peoples thoughts regarding these:

alloys.jpg

:yum:

Klauster, if you got some spare cash lying about send it my way please!!

They are nice but EXPENSIVE!!!

if you can afford 'em, get 'em - they are awesome mate and will be so much lighter than your OEM wheels :D

I had some Dymags years ago ona kiwi Green Ibiza Cupra. They were white and suited it so so well!

Didnt think they still made wheels, not seen a set in years but those look mental, are they full carbon? or just the rim? If so how is the metal fused to the carbon?! I'm sad, i need to know! :hubbahubba:

Klauster you are a mad man, first you cover your car in sticky back plastic and now this, you have defo lost the plot now :yes:. RS4 proper wheels are gorgeous why would you want to change them.

Nice wheels though !!

Mark

ive seen a few rs4s with 20s like th one picture with optional a8 20inch rs4 style wheels on if you can get 20s in them wheels your on about then you would one serious looking car and the performance would be really good with such a light wheel but for the price i couldnt do it .... id get a set of ball polished cks in 20inch pw motor sport can get em they would look awesome but so do these 20 inch rs4s

DSC_0031.jpg

tt-coupe-roadster-met-20-1.jpg

i think these are pretty cool a dayton style wheel 20 inch ****** to keep clean but i think there cool

1f3fffda.jpg

20_azer_story_image_1.jpg

Klauster you are a mad man, first you cover your car in sticky back plastic and now this, you have defo lost the plot now :yes:. RS4 proper wheels are gorgeous why would you want to change them.

Nice wheels though !!

Mark

Oi :unsure:

I like it in white

I do like the standard alloys, just looking at other options, and these caught my eye :sly:

I had some Dymags years ago ona kiwi Green Ibiza Cupra. They were white and suited it so so well!

Didnt think they still made wheels, not seen a set in years but those look mental, are they full carbon? or just the rim? If so how is the metal fused to the carbon?! I'm sad, i need to know! :hubbahubba:

Magnesium centres and carbon rim - bolted and bonded into place.

Found this, not sure if I like them but I still want them!
011__scaled_600.jpg

016__scaled_600.jpg

006__scaled_600.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/g...s/On Location/2008/07-08 Ai Design Audi RS 4#

Agreed, I saw the HRE Wheels stand at the SEMA show last year - the wheels all looked fantastic quality and well styled.

Due to poor distribution, they're unusual to find in the UK, but do look to be some of the best quality "proper" wheels on the market.

Kluaster

I reckon these would suit your motor:

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/monoblok/audi/

Get a set of these in 20'' and you've have yourself a very nice ride.

Even nicer if you swapped the white for matt black (imo). But hey I'll save that for another thread!

Oi :unsure:

I like it in white

I do like the standard alloys, just looking at other options, and these caught my eye :sly:

Sure it will look lush matey !!

And yes it does look nice in white, I have admitted to that one. :icon_thumright:

Mark

The one's on that car - do they not work because the carbon rim bluends in to the black paint work?
Think they would work better on your car now it's white Klauster..... however, if/when you take the wrap off........ well, it's not going to look quite right.

Tough choice fella.... but a nice choice ;)

klauster your car would look the dogs with the chrome 20 rs4 that design looks so good on that car id just up the inch to 20 and chrome even when you take the vinyl off it will still look really nice
tt-coupe-roadster-met-20-1.jpg

like the ones on the tt below they look wicked mate white or black rs4 why would that be mental are you saying that tt looks **** with them wheels ??? hhhhmmmmm i think you maybe a tad mental lol

Chrome on an RS4? Are you mental?

I don't think the Dymags are particularly beautiful, but they reduce the weight so much from your OE wheels that it should handle like a different car. Makes you wonder how they would cope with a kerbing - will they just splinter??

It's that catch 22 where you have spent a grand making it look great in white, then you come to the wheels.

For people who are working their car towards performance 'mecca' they make sense. For those who want a blend of function / form and purpose I'd say either stick with OE (get your wheels refaced in gun metal silver polished outer face with dark grey painted insides!! - my opinion of a sharp look for the RS4's!). Other than that do BBS do any light weight magnesium alloys???

What ever you do, get it right as it's not cheap!

why would they be detrimental to the handling ??? and sorry you look so much better id take a little knock on performance to look great id get the 20s of the tt pictured and drop it on coils you would look the absolute dogs i dont see how they could be detrimental to the handling when all touring cars are slammed to the deck rolling 20s it dosent affect them ...weird eh

I was speaking to the owner of that RS4 not so long ago. He confirmed that the 20's were detrimental to the handling, even if they did look good In the metal they don't look all that different to the 19's

dont see how they could be detrimental to the handling when all touring cars are slammed to the deck rolling 20s it dosent affect them ...weird eh

Not weird at all. Touring cars don't have to travel on the multitude of varying surfaces found on Britains roads.

Can you really compare the wonderful British roads to the flat tarmac heaven of a race track though?!

I thinks not!

olaf i think you just repeated what issac hunt said ?????

Can you really compare the wonderful British roads to the flat tarmac heaven of a race track though?!

true say but id still have 20s on an rs4 and lower it they fit fine pw motor sport said a white rs4 come and got 20s bbs ck and he said they looked awesome and rs4 is quite a big car 20s s are the wheel to go for if you wanna look cool .....

Not weird at all. Touring cars don't have to travel on the multitude of varying surfaces found on Britains roads.

I'm not going down the 20'' rim route, just want 19'', thanks for the ideas though, keep them coming

But as with most things when it comes to modifying it's a trade off between cost / practicality / looks.

Yes I did repeat what the previous post said. However that post wasn't on here when I typed my reply.

true say but id still have 20s on an rs4 and lower it they fit fine pw motor sport said a white rs4 come and got 20s bbs ck and he said they looked awesome and rs4 is quite a big car 20s s are the wheel to go for if you wanna look cool .....

Ha ha, but the RS4 is about the drive, and how it handles! why would you want to upset the handling, just to have bigger wheels on it.(and I've always upgraded wheels on my cars, but just not the RS) Horses for courses I suppose

Klauster just re-paint your wheels in a darker colour, and do the mirrors to match, black wheels look great on a white car - I suppose I am slightly biased though......

S6300800.jpg

i was just trying to get a point acrross about 20 s heres a nice a4 with 20s anyhow klauster if you want to choose wheels go on this site you can choose the car wheels size of the wheels you wanna look at people upload pics of there cars then at the bottom of each car when you clik on it is each wheel name really good to choose wheels and get an idead how they would look on your car have a look

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...fe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK320&sa=N&start=72&um=1

audis53.jpg

a tt with 20s nothelle

audi-tt-by-nothelle.jpg

a4 20s inch rims awesome

9626large_front_angle_far_JPG.jpg

Yes they look good but the ride is awful in many of them. My mate has 20's on his A8 and it rides like crap. OK it looks good but its a horrid car to travel in.

I have 19's and the ride is just acceptable, any harsher would not be good IMO!

Those Dymags look fantastic :icon_thumright: Just a shame I cant afford a set!

The white one has 20x8.5. Apparently only 22lbs which is rather light for a 20inch wheel.

The red avant might be one size down, not too sure.

o right cos you was saying get 18 inch forged i though you was referring to them pics ???? look good though

Don't think SDS do 19s so they are quite possibly both 20s.

Having said that SDS don't seem to have a website at all!

now your just repeating what boggzy said lol :uhm: :moa:

Don't think SDS do 19s so they are quite possibly both 20s.

Having said that SDS don't seem to have a website at all!