audi a3 2.0 tdi

rickyquicky

Reaction score
hi people, ive picked up my audi a3 2.0 (05 plate) tdi today from leicester, im new to audi's, ive just left my renault williams clio in the garage to get a nice quality car :laugh:

just a few things if anyone can help:

how can i tell if its 140 bhp or 170 bhp version of the 2.0 tdi?

also, how can i tell if its DSG or just standard auto with tiptronic?

any help would be much appreciated, bought it from an independent dealer and he was sure it was DSG but not about the power!

hi people, ive picked up my audi a3 2.0 (05 plate) tdi today from leicester, im new to audi's, ive just left my renault williams clio in the garage to get a nice quality car :laugh:

just a few things if anyone can help:

how can i tell if its 140 bhp or 170 bhp version of the 2.0 tdi?

also, how can i tell if its DSG or just standard auto with tiptronic?

any help would be much appreciated, bought it from an independent dealer and he was sure it was DSG but not about the power!

Hi and welcome to the forum and to Audi cars.

If you car is an 05 plate then it will be a 140PS. Audi did not introduce the 170PS version in the UK until October 2006.

Also if it's a 2.0TDI then it will be a DSG as Audi have never offered this model with a 'normal' automatic.

Reactions: SHUTTY85
Don't quote me but I'm sure the V5 shows the power rating but it is a while since I looked at it. Did they not say when you insured it?

Not sure on the auto as its not my thang, in theory it should be very very smooth to change gear though.

Biggie

cheers guys, thanks for your help!!!

was off getting insurance quotes, when i put the reg number in it said 'audi a3 (138) so im guessing that was the power in the brackets.

:thumbsup:

Welcome matey :D

it will definitly be the 140 DSG

They're top cars (as i have one :D)

Do post some pics when you get a mo!

Any help me got 2004 tdi with code p0118 and iv changed all coolant sensors an thurmastat an still have no temp on dash an heat stay on econ

Any help me got 2004 tdi with code p0118 and iv changed all coolant sensors an thurmastat an still have no temp on dash an heat stay on econ
Mate this thread is 6 years old.

Make a new one with your problem