Audi A3 tdi 2.0 sport

Majortom86

Reaction score
Hi all new here need some advice recently had a new cylinder head put on so can rule this out.
From cold it's quite smokey and sounds rough on tick over while warming up and as I drive on for a bit it clears it's running a bit rough if I drive easy seems ok but as I accelerate a bit harder seems rough, I'm thinking injector problem? Or glow plugs? How can I tell is there a way of testing injectors without removing them? I had a service when the new cylinder head was replaced anyone else suffered with this as its starting to break me and after paying for new head obviously new injectors are not a cheap job if this is the problem any other questions I will answer asap thankyou in advance to all those who help

where the injectors ok before you had the head done ?

was it a brand new head not a second hand one ?

sounds like the timing might be out or the injectors might not be set up properly ?

fuel filter changed ?

wont be glow plugs

It was a bit rough before the head was done to be fair I thought it all boiled down to the pourus head it's was a brand new head emg or AMG? £1200 apprently thing is I brought the car on finance luckily I had warrenty they tried mugging me off with copper seal so threatened them with solicitor and they done the job properly with me viewing the steps so yes a new head will the injectors be out of sync changing the head? Or and will a fuel filter make a big difference really appreciate your time for replying Thank you

needs to be code read really then

but you need to phone warrenty people up and tell them its not running right and needs to been taken to a garage to check properly

if still smoking could be number of things ?

whats mileage ?

are you sure that put the new head on

The milage is 110k and yes it's all shiney and new and they shown me the head when it turnt up obviously after the copper seal inccedent I wanted to see every move I think warrenty is out now :( just. So rough when it wants to be sort of intermittent but more rough times than bad

Sounds like they have got the cam belt &/or injector timing correct. Also there is a chance they spilled oil or coolant into the inlet/outlet manifolds. Try to find someone with VCDS in your area & get them to check the timing for you.