DIS

nhowroyd

Reaction score
Website
www.howroyd.co.uk
This may be a silly question....... but

Can DIS be retro fitted after the car has been delivered.

My company car is on its way and the company wouldn't let me spec it in......

Yes you can retrofit it but the effort required to fit the thing after the car is built will mean it would usually cost more than it's option price in the brochure.

Shame you couldnt spec the DIS, I dont think I can live without one and would be the first option I'd go for if the car didnt have one as standard

This may be a silly question....... but

Can DIS be retro fitted after the car has been delivered.

My company car is on its way and the company wouldn't let me spec it in......

Isn't it standard in all A3's?

Nope only std on the Sport, S-Line and s3 although that might change on the facelift I'm not sure.

Thats one of the reasons I went for the Sport model, S-Line was too expensive and SE didn't have the bits I wanted on it.

You think it would be std though! Also think MFSW should be std!

Mark

It makes me sick that in 2003, and even now in 2008 an Audi didn't come with DIS as standard. How ****** stingy is that for pitys sake!!

I have it on my SE but I added it as an option.

On the new facelift version it's standard on all but the Standard model.

On the new facelift version it's standard on all but the Standard model.

How much does a standard A3 cost? £16k?? And they STILL can't spec DIS as standard. That is utter **** take..

Yes you can retrofit it but the effort required to fit the thing after the car is built will mean it would usually cost more than it's option price in the brochure.

Fair enough, but I still might be interested unless its 3 times the cost, lol. So any idea of the costs involved in doing this?

Fair enough, but I still might be interested unless its 3 times the cost, lol. So any idea of the costs involved in doing this?

I would be interested in this. How much work is involved and at what cost. Car is a 2005 2.0TDi SE.
Agree with others DIS should be standard, they are on a Kia or Hyundia (too be honest I dont know but I bet they are!). When you spec a car such as on the Audi configurator it doesnt call it up and the stealers are so keen on a sale they probably are rushing everything through.
Russ