What do you spend a week on fuel????

S3 Dave

Now running on Heavy Oil
Reaction score
What are people spending on fuel every week??

With all the price rises is this the beginning of the end for the combustion engine??

Will we live in a "mad max" world??

I think its going to get to the point and something has to give! What are your thoughts????.............

£60odd a week when not car sharing to work!
i hope we don't turn into a ''MAD MAX'' world as i don't think i could pull off all that leather!

Im filling up £60 every two to three weeks now, lucky for me my company moved to new premesis thats closer and has less traffic issues!

I get home at 11am on a friday and the car wont move till 6:30am on the monday, lost interest in driving unless its round the 'Ring.

From a selfish point of view, I dont mind the rise in fuel and tax etc. If it does start pricing people off the roads, Ill always find a way to pay, and will mean clearer roads for me!

Plus I dunno why everyone is moaning that much, when I was in Germany, Belgium and France their fuel isnt really any cheaper! The main reason for the rise in the price is because of our support and involvement in Americas ongoing 'disagreement' with certain countrys.

And Si, I look good in leathers as I used to have a bike, so Ill be safe :p

Ha I can beat that £100 in a week for about 300 mile if that in the S4, luckly its not mine and I'm claiming it back :scared2:

90/100 ish a week, dont use the car to drive to work either, just a heavy right foot.

About £50/week of V-Power at the moment doing 40miles/day to work and back. It's getting bit more of a thrashing than it would normally though. When the "new fast car" thrill wears out I should be able to make £65 last 2 weeks.

My budget allows for bit more of a fuel price rise as the car isn't as thirsty as I'd first expected, but the landlord has just put our rent up £40/month so that's a big chunk of money gone on nothing :mad:

20-30 smackers a week. However now the weather is better i will be walking everywhere. In the last 2 weeks ive spent about £25. The cash im saving is going towards some tasty springs from DPM. Bring on the bank Hol.

£80 p/w and I use my car for work, im er....an..........Estate Agent!!:scared2:

£65 a week if I just go to work and back for the 5 days, another £10 pr £20 if I decide to go somewhere on the weekend usually.

Was a bit gutted when I first bought the car as I was thinking I should of bought a diesel but with the price of that being what it is I don't think im that worse off !

Around 30-35 higher grade ****.

200 miles to and from work every weekday, with treks across cornwall to play footie at the weekend. pretty happy with that, i don't drive a like a loon in the week (mainly motorway) but let it go and enjoy the handling/grunt on the windy roads -to the most remote football pitches in the world!

remap at the end of next month, hope i won't have to pay too much more for it!

My cars crap round town with the BT

Constant motorway tho its great, made it to the Ring on just over 1 tank of fuel (Was half full when I got to Belguim, filled it up then and was on Half when I got there!) and made it all the way to Petersfield on the way back, even after a few very fast Autobahhn minutes!

I used to go thru £60 a week until I moved into my new pad. Now I use £40. 30 miles a day to work and back and not driving like a nobhead everywhere. I'm surprised how good it is on fuel when you don't hammer it everyhwere. I'm getting 32mpg according to the DIS.

Was a bit gutted when I first bought the car as I was thinking I should of bought a diesel but with the price of that being what it is I don't think im that worse off !

Depends on the car. My previous vehicle was a Yaris D-4D and even after chipping it and driving it like I stole it, it still returned 450miles to a £35 tank of diesel!

S3 Wannabe - You should find that any cruising you do (be that motorway miles or a constant 30mph around town) should be just as economical as before the remap, but it's the stop/start of town driving that kills your economy.

Its said that you need to do about 15k miles a year for 3 years before you really see the economical benefits of a diesel, when you add up the initial cost as they hold their value, coupled with servicing cost and shreadded front tyres!

And its amazing how many diesel owners dont drain the water off their fuel filter regularly...

Anyway, I digress!

Depends on the car. My previous vehicle was a Yaris D-4D and even after chipping it and driving it like I stole it, it still returned 450miles to a £35 tank of diesel!

S3 Wannabe - You should find that any cruising you do (be that motorway miles or a constant 30mph around town) should be just as economical as before the remap, but it's the stop/start of town driving that kills your economy.

My brother had a 1 ltr Yaris and his DIS was reading 40 + average mpg :faint:

Holy ****! Why didnt i buy an S3, im putting in about £70 a week! I dont drive it to uni, so it sits at home all day only really comes out in the evening and weekends, even that just for local trips and what not. However i do think my petrol gauge is ****** coz after i put in £10 of fuel it still sits just above the red, and with audis that means the light will be on.

putting in about £60 / week.thats driving from coventry to london and back and using the car in and around london for a couple days approx 320 miles a week

last week i put £180 in the S3 lastweek, but i just got it. only put 60 in this week

last week i put £180 in the S3 lastweek, but i just got it. only put 60 in this week

How many miles did you do?!?

I drove to Bristol and back in in one week and to and from work, all like a 17year old who had just passed their test and that only just cost me £150!

Ouch now thats some heavy right foot. Whats yours cost you Grathies being BT

Round town my fuel economy sucks in a big way. Proper traffic Im down in the 10mpgs and I can smell fuel at time (Ive had it checked over and over, its just the way the map fuels!)

The BT does really work well for touring, goring to the 'Ring was just bliss, driving in 6th pretty much the whole way running just on the slightest of boost! Was seeing constant 40mpg at 80-90mph

As I dont use my car really during the week appart from work, its hard to properly calculate how thirsty it is in comparison with an Normal or Mapped S3

40mpg at 80-90.... I'm only getting around 30mpg at that sort of speed and i only have a remap on it!!

i do 50miles a day 5-6 days a week but just stick cruise on at 65mph on the way there and then 75mph on the way home a tank will last a week!

When I first bought it I was putting £100.00 a week in it! Then I received a Section 59 Warning from the police which has taken my fuel consumption down to around £25.00 a week! I think it was just the novelty of having a turbo that made my fuel bills sky high..

Doing about £50-£60 pound a week,
only had the car about 2 months so really trying to concentrate on driving light footed...
takes a lot of will power.
Reset the trip computer when i first bought the car and it's showing 26.8mpg, and slowly slowly climbing...

This is what it says..

Warning notice - Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002

"You have been driving in a creless manner, contrary to section 3 of the raod traffice act 1988. In a manner that is likely to cause alarm distress or annoyance to members of the public" Then it goes on to say they can seize my vehicle if I get caught again! I'm not a speeder but it was the same night taht my car had its boost issue resolved and I just gave it a bit near were I live..

Just googled section 59 warning. What anti sociable antics did you get up to to receive this?

i seem to be using £35 pw of the lurvelly Vpower.... takes me about 140 miles mostly traffic driving:salute:

Depending on my jobs but from £120 to £220 on Vpower or BP Ultimate And its not getting any cheaper. Somethings gotta a give.

£100 a week and I work two miles away, but I do end up taking the long route home sometimes...

i put a regular £60 in a week, getting me about 350-380 miles and avering 32mpg...