Any young lads on here with an S3?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
HI guys just out of curiosity i rang my ins company (bell) to see how much extra it'd would be to insure an S3 fully comp, bear in mind im 19 in January with 0 NCB (This is my first year on my own policy) they wanted an extra grand.

Just wondered what you younger S3 owners are paying so i know how much longer i'll have to wait to get a Noggy S3.

Cheers

Jason

I'm a young at heart 37 year old :)

that will be very expensive mate.
19 wouldnt be too bad with a few NCB but with 0 is a definate high.

S3 though at 19 is quite good. I still had a Nova GSI then

im 26 with 7yrs NCB and pay £700 with and extra £130 to protect NC.
Would be lower but im in med/high rate crime zone

Fair enough just wanted to compare prices, i go through those phases when i want to get rid of the A3 then i dont but the only car that appeals to me is the S3 so i'll have to wait!

Hello mate.
I'm 21 and have a V reg S3 i've got 2 years ncb and it costs me 1400 fully comp with direct line, (parked on driveway, low crime rate, 3 points SP30 and two accidents neither of which were my fault (1) bus hitting the back of me - ouch (2) i hit a deer wich appeared from nowhere on an empty motorway)

I was with bell last year and was paying 1700 ish at 20 with 1 ncb not to bad.
However I needed my car for business purposes and bell quoted an extortionate rate to do that which is why i switched.
Good luck :)

I was 23 when i got my S3 with 2 year ncb, was paying just over £700 fc with business miles too. I was still 23 when my renewed my insurance it came down to about £650 (3 years ncb) I've recently added my gf (shes 22) and the increase was about £4 extra a month. Im with churchill.

Hi mate in 20 and paying £2000 with elephant on my 03 s3 with 1year ncb.

Can't believe some of you guys are paying nearly £2000 for insurance! You must really love your S3!

Well, unfortunately, the system works against you.

When your young you want something fast and fun, and don’t always care about practicality. Sadly, things like that cost a lot to buy and a lot to insure.

Then, when you get older, just as insurance starts to get cheaper on nice cars, you start to need a more sensible car!

Its just not fair.

Most young people will be paying over £1000 to insure their first car, so from the point of view, £2k to insure an S3 isnt all that bad. Its certainly more than twice the car that a 106 or saxo is….

I paid £1650 for my first year in the A3, and it’s a humble 1.8T!

Paying £900 now in my second year, 2 years ncb, aged 20 at the time of renewal

If you want fast and cheap to insure, it has to be light weight! My mini will run rings around the audi on just about anything that’s not a dead straight road, and costs me just £270 a year fully comp, everything declared, agreed value of 5k.

im 21 with 2yrs ncb i pay £900 fully comp with admiral,Reading postcode,im happy with that as i was paying £1200 third party f&t on my old 1.8 a3:rockwoot:

i'm 22 with 2 year NCD and pay £960 with churchill fully comp with business mileage :) which i'm happy with

A3_Turbo said:
Any young lads on here with an S3

When I saw the title of this thread I wondered if you were the guy off the news with the "swirled" face!! lol!

Sorry guys but are some of you made of money. £2k for insurance - fecking crazy money to throw down the drain.

LOL @ Simch im only a young lad myself!

Cheers for the replies guys just wanted a comparison think i'll just keep the A3 for a while till i can insure an S3 sensibally!

Jason

Im 24; currently paying £1100 fully comp with Elephant on a 2003 S3, 3 years NCD, low crime rate postcode etc...

But i have been offered £750 a year with Direct Line; goin to take that offer up next month me thinks:icon_thumright:

im 23, £850 fc pcnc, if it was not modified it would have been £540, that's with churchill.

last year was around £1k fc

this will make u laff.i insured my 2001 s3 when i was 21, im 22 now.i pay £630.haha full comp with 1 year no claims and 3 points.and there is also another driver on the policy.

:lmfao: I'm 26 4yrs ncb and pay £592.70 fully protected with all mods declared. Ring Greenlight.

25 1 years NCB 2001 black S3, £1100 i think thats with direct line.

23 and today my insurance ran out

Everybody wants £1200 with 3 yrs no claims

i need it cheaped :(

Could of got it for £840 ish but it was coming up as 1999-2002 S3 told them it was 2003 and price went up by miles, that was with elephant

Me and the wife both 26 paying 500 fully comp full no claims with more than

Im 24 and so is my gf i have insured my S3 with ncb for £780 with admiral, they wanted £1600 for just me!
See women do come in handy for some things lol:asskicking:

rickparmar said:
23 and today my insurance ran out

Everybody wants £1200 with 3 yrs no claims

i need it cheaped :(

Could of got it for £840 ish but it was coming up as 1999-2002 S3 told them it was 2003 and price went up by miles, that was with elephant

So an extra £360 for 15BHP then, I blame those 13 year old looks you have mate. :notme:
Have you tried AdrianFlux or Greenlight insurance for a quote?

I was 19 when i first insured my S3, insured with Bell.co.uk
was about £1650 fully comp in my own name, with a value of £9,500 3yrs NCB, no points, 1 claim, live out in the sticks
21in 2 months, did another quote and its just over £1,000!! drops a fair bit when you hit the big 21!!

was also paying monthly, about £160

hope this helps

ash

jojo said:
So an extra £360 for 15BHP then, I blame those 13 year old looks you have mate. :notme:
Have you tried AdrianFlux or Greenlight insurance for a quote?

lol mr jojo, you make me laugh

I have done a quote with them today so just waiting for their phonecall back

hope they do a good deal for me

well when i turned 19 i brought a A3 QTS an insured that for £1600 TPFT on my mums insurance.......what a rip off but it was fun having a quick car at 19 lol

and 6 months later i sold it as it was horrible to drive....think somethin was seriously up with the 4wd system.

and i brought another A3 but just a FWD 1.8T and tey stung me an extra £225 to transfere it to the policy and they even rekon it was a more powerfull car.......A3 QTS 180bhp vs A3 FWD 150bhp........ now everone knows whats quicker........but anywho had to pay the £225 as i was 7 months into policy an would only get 10% of original quote back being £160 and what would i do with that.

but after all that bull crap at the start of september i now insure the same A3 1.8T on my own insurance with no ncb for just under £1300 which includes leagal cover, windscreen cover ( £75 excess) and i can drive any car 3rd party with owners concent.....And this policy is with bell by the way.

I'm 26, took out the policy when I was 25, it's for me and my missus who's 22.

Fully comp it's £650 with protected no claims. I'm with elephant.

Craigybaby37_A3quattro said:
A3 QTS 180bhp vs A3 FWD 150bhp........ now everone knows whats quicker........ way.

The fwd is a FAR nicer car to drive IMO.

my remapped fwd 1.8T was far more interesting to drive than the standard 210 S3 i drove, with the 4wd, even the 210 S3 just didnt have enough power to make it feel lively and exciting. Sure, being stable is no bad thing, but it just didnt excite at all.

the 180bhp quattro must be WAY dull in standard form!

rickparmar said:
lol mr jojo, you make me laugh

I have done a quote with them today so just waiting for their phonecall back

hope they do a good deal for me

Don't forget to add your GF on the policy, imaginery one if you don't have one will do haha. :slap:

I was 22 when i first insured my 02 225 S3, cheapest i could get was Direct line, coming in at £650 with 2 years NCB. It was an extra £40 a year to put the g/f on and she is 23! Bell was the next cheapest at £800, and after that quotes just got stupid, £1000, 1500, 2000, 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing i will say about Direct line is they are not keen on mods, but they are rarely beaten on a standard car quote.

Coming up for 23 and renewal end of November so will be interested to see whos cheapest now. Im tempted to go with Bell for their insured on any car option, and the possiblity of me getting a remap early next year.

well i know from getting quotes that the 210 S3 is approx £100 less to insure than the 225 S3 .... ****** stupid imo

oh im a young 33 almost 34 year old and Ive forgot how much I paid but somewhere around 500 quid so if your around the 20 yo mark and your paying under a grand I think ur ****** lucky tbh.

jojo said:
Don't forget to add your GF on the policy, imaginery one if you don't have one will do haha. :slap:

greenlight wont insure me :( because i had a accident

interesting contrats in price.

cheapest i could find was £1,100

i have 9 years NCB and 3 points SP30 from 4 years ago.

im 27

totally bizzare why its so high. - i dont live in shits vill

no need to be so urgent Jason!

Have you driven an S3 yet? In standard form, its a lot less interesting to drive than your A3 with sorted suspension. Get a good remap and a ko3S onto your AGU and be happy with that for a few years.

It'll be quicker than any standard S3 then anyway!

mordz said:
interesting contrats in price.

cheapest i could find was £1,100

i have 9 years NCB and 3 points SP30 from 4 years ago.

im 27

totally bizzare why its so high. - i dont live in shits vill

Bizaar, I've had my S3 for 6 years, never had to pay more than £800(I think £777 2 years ago was the most?) for it, it's currently under £500 with all mods declared! and I have 6 points for an SP30!!