New wheels

Langers1710

Reaction score
Hi,my first post on this forum. I have a 2007 Audi s line special edition. I want to upgrade my wheels. However I have not been been able to find a straight answer. I have found some wheels I like, they are 254/35 19 with an et of 35. Will they fit? If not, what is the biggest ones I can get without modifying suspension?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the B7 section.
Wheel upgrades on the B7 can be very easy and straightforward or a total nightmare, which of those depends on what wheels you are looking to fit and whether you have standard or uprated front calipers.
ride height and tyre contact is always an issue with wheel upgrades on B7's when using more offset and potentially wider rims such as 8.5j but depends son what you are expecting to gain and what rims chosen.

Reactions: Rob Avant
Idealy and what most of the guys with b7's on the forum fit 235/35 19 either 8j or 8.5j wide but you can goto a 9j but tyre choice and offsets become more tricky.
Standard factory alloy spec for the special editions and S-line is 235/40 18" 8j ET43 or thereabout.

S-line tend to be low on the rears to start with so wheel arch rub can be an issue if one goes to wide, and not all wheels will fit irrespective of the sizes due to style and pattern.

255/35 19" will be too wide unless, fine on a B7 rs4 but a bit close for comfort on an A4 .
S-line and more so avant sit low on the rears , and high on the front, a decent suspension kit can sort that out by either fixed height setup and lowered or coilovers.

I really like these but they are 255/35 19 with an et35

Attachments

• IMG_0096.png
    IMG_0096.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
Uprated springs al round can sortout the ride height if on a budget but s-line dampers are rubbish, depend on milage on the car , you may possibly have one or both rear spring broken, a very common issue indeedy.

Last edited:
My car is black with no chrome detail, not sure whether to black alloys or grey or anthracite?

Uprated springs al round can sortout the rise height if on a budget but s-line dampers are rubbish, depend on milage on the car , you may possibly have one or both rear spring broken, a very common issue indeedy.
I have had an MOT and no issues mentioned at all apart from both front lower arms have slight play

I went to look at these last night and even while my car was on the jack, they still rubbed on suspension

I really like these but they are 255/35 19 with an et35
look at them in the flesh before you part with the cash, rotors are nice rims but aftermarket ones suffer from cracks/weld etc, and OEM ones can be expensive and also suffer from damage.
If in doubt take a jack and test fit one, most genuine sellers will let a buyer test fit one.
Personally tyres are too wide but maybe just test fit one, it will be tight and also its not just the rears wheel arch, the front upright steering knuckle , too wide with the wrong offset and it will rub on the strut.

I went to look at these last night and even while my car was on the jack, they still rubbed on suspension
They wont fit due to the offset used on the TT , that said guys do fit them but with a lot of messing around.

look at them in the flesh before you part with the cash, rotors are nice rims but aftermarket ones suffer from cracks/weld etc, and OEM ones can be expensive and also suffer from damage.
If in doubt take a jack and test fit one, most genuine sellers will let a buyer test fit one.
Personally tyres are too wide but maybe just test fit one, it will be tight and also its not just the rears wheel arch, the front upright steering knuckle , too wide with the wrong offset and it will rub on the strut.
The rota ones are on eBay and are in Belfast so can’t test them and don’t want to end up being stuck with them.
The ones are the Facebook link touched the suspension, but maybe would be ok with spacers?

The rota ones are on eBay and are in Belfast so can’t test them and don’t want to end up being stuck with them.
The ones are the Facebook link touched the suspension, but maybe would be ok with spacers?
Thats the thing, as soon as you add spacers it can go the otherway so you need to be so careful.
B7 doesn't have a lot of room to manover with wheel upgrades due to front upright being so close to the tyre sidewall and rears rubbing on the wheel arch, it becomes a balancing act to get things just right.

All that said , there are a lot of alloys out there that will fit, its personal choice on style and correct sizing .

Get the offset wrong , or just running things a bit too close to the limit and this can be one end result on the fronts.
its not just the rears that one need to factor in.
IMG 2202

Ok, thanks for the advice. I don’t really want to spend too much on the wheels to be honest, so I’m I’m not expecting amazing things. So just looking on eBay and Facebook market place lol

last year i had a set of 19"Oz alloys fitted 8.5j et38 i think with 235/35 19" they were spot on and even cleared my 18z's , but it's not often things go that easy.
But then i have had soo many different sets of alloys on my B7 that I've lost count now..lol
IMG 3885

• Love
Reactions: Rob Avant
Ok, thanks for the advice. I don’t really want to spend too much on the wheels to be honest, so I’m I’m not expecting amazing things. So just looking on eBay and Facebook market place lol
There will be something out there for you, just a matter of tracking down the right set.

What do you have fitted at present?

The Ronal spokes rims as used on the DTM or the lemans style.

Le Mans currently, could do with a refurb ideally but would prefer to get bigger wheels

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Charlie Farley
have you considered just going to a 19" lemans , they do look much better than the 18" , but all down to personal choice and if you want a complete change.

Yeah I have thought about it, as Le Mans do look nice, but think black alloys would make such a nice look

I think I would buy some 19” Le Mans if they were decent and were black but wouldn’t want to buy the same coloured wheel just bigger

Antracite is a vey good colour , its darker than silver but not a dark as black, which i find the wheels get lost on the car.
Rs4

Reactions: northpole
Would these be any good??

Attachments

• 8ce0bdee-5021-473d-a257-612f6c5d99a8.jpeg
    8ce0bdee-5021-473d-a257-612f6c5d99a8.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 23
You need 57.1 cb preferably otherwise spigots will be needed
8.5jj

yeah black wheels just get lost and look smaller regardless, apart from that they are brakedust magnets... clean the wheels go for a drive and boom they are showing brakedust after 5 miles.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I just checked some other wheels and they are 19x8.5 and et43. Would these fit?

So people sell wheels on here? I’ve seen some nice rotas but nowhere near were I live

So people sell wheels on here? I’ve seen some nice rotas but nowhere near

So people sell wheels on here? I’ve seen some nice rotas but nowhere near
Just a case of deciding on what wheel size and spec You really want and that will fit , then look at style options.
Otherwise you will be jumping from one thing to another.
The real bonus with 19” 8j or 8.5j with offsets of between et30 and et38 is that they will normally look very good with enough poke but not the body contact, also in most cases you don’t need spacers.

But you need 235/35 preferably as the stretch will give you that little bit extra wheel arch clearance.

Sadly the descisions are yours I’m afraid, we can advise you on what maybe your options but ultimately it’s down to you , wheels are a very personal thing, what ones likes may not be another taste.

Sort out what size you really want to use then look for suitable wheels, it can be trial and error so don’t be put of .