DSG Tuning

vdt

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's worth tuning the dsg on a 1.8tfsi, or is it pretty pointless?

Cheers

No advantage really to altering things like the clutch clamping pressure but other changes can make the car better to live with. Typically the gearbox mapping in D is aimed at economy so does it's best to get you into 6th ASAP. And sport is just the opposite, Seems to hang onto gears and changes down at the first sign of pressing the accelerator a little bit more. A remap can make the car nicer to drive. You just need the right person to map it.

Reactions: vdt
No advantage really to altering things like the clutch clamping pressure but other changes can make the car better to live with. Typically the gearbox mapping in D is aimed at economy so does it's best to get you into 6th ASAP. And sport is just the opposite, Seems to hang onto gears and changes down at the first sign of pressing the accelerator a little bit more. A remap can make the car nicer to drive. You just need the right person to map it.
Thanks for the insight, very helpful.

Just wondering if it's worth tuning the dsg on a 1.8tfsi, or is it pretty pointless?

Cheers
I have a 2011 S3 and had it done on mine. Back then it was Shark who I took it to. I live in Nottm and the constant change up and change down's on our 30 mph roads was doing my head in. So I had the changes altered so at 30mph it stays in 5th instead of hunting between 5th and 6th all the time. I did get some improvements to manual (paddle) mode as well with rev limits and gear changes now manual, so a worth while change for my daily driving.
As a side note, I'd had the engine remapped as well to V-Power so it all went together nicely and now we're 11 yrs on, things are still good.