RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

They say that things come in threes and I’ve had mine over the last week! Firstly was the ‘miss fire / fought running’ then I managed to back into the front of my daughters A1 and yesterday on my way to town, literally 200m from home, I picked up a nail! Let’s hope that’s all

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: drgav2005 and Daggerit
saw a comment on this thread stating that if your rs3 has tpms it has a grey valve stem, if it doesn't have tpms it will have a black valve stem. have a 73 plate rs3 with black valve stems however on the Audi ap in vehicle specifications it states the vehicle has tpms. can anyone assist?

saw a comment on this thread stating that if your rs3 has tpms it has a grey valve stem, if it doesn't have tpms it will have a black valve stem. have a 73 plate rs3 with black valve stems however on the Audi ap in vehicle specifications it states the vehicle has tpms. can anyone assist?
They all have TPMS... all new cars have to have it.

how do you get the tyre pressure to display onscreen? or do you only get a warning to tell you to put air in specific tyres?

how do you get the tyre pressure to display onscreen? or do you only get a warning to tell you to put air in specific tyres?
I believe it will just alert you if a tyre loses pressure. Doubt it will tell you which one.

You can't display the pressures unfortunately. Quite liked that on my Megane Trophy.

I believe it will just alert you if a tyre loses pressure. Doubt it will tell you which one.

You can't display the pressures unfortunately. Quite liked that on my Megane Trophy.
had the option on a 520d and a gla220d 4matic think we also had it on the Audi a3 s-line we had

There are two types, passive and active. You can get both on the 8Y most did not have the active which displays pressure and temperature but it can be retrofitted.

The passive system senses the change in rolling radius of a deflated tyre. It will tell you which one

Reactions: Mike.46
had the option on a 520d and a gla220d 4matic think we also had it on the Audi a3 s-line we had
One system displays temp and pressure using a module mounted under the rear and 4 x sensors on the inside of the valves.
The other uses the ABS ring to monitor the rolling circumference of the tyre to spot a loss in pressure.

If the have the sensors you will have the display in the VC and MMI screen.

how will you know which one you have?
As said a few posts up, if you have black valves then you don't have the active TPMS as the ones with sensors are silver. The system can be retrofitted for £4-500 if you want to pay for it.

Reactions: RS03???
Anyone know if you can get just the replacement shell for the keys? Dropped mine today and has a crack in it, not the end of the world will use the other key but still might want to replace the outer shell I f the genuine part is cheap & you can replace the shell not the entire key which I’ve seen is like £212 + coding !!

Anyone checked used car prices?! 6th Oct my car was worth £43,000, today....£32,645.

Did hear used car prices were going to take a hammering...brutal

Reactions: 8YARWY
Anyone checked used car prices?! 6th Oct my car was worth £43,000, today....£32,645.

Did hear used car prices were going to take a hammering...brutal

A friend has a Saloon RS3 2022.

Thinks he will get 54k

WBAC = £43k dealers offered 45k reluctantly as they are a hard car to move on now, no one buying them at the moment, cost to finance / insurance isn’t helping either and close to Xmas etc

Cancelled orders are popping up right left and centre from dealers in FB groups.

Not a chance they’ll even get list on these cars now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Barmybobuk, DangerMouseUK and FBF01
A friend has a Saloon RS3 2022.

Thinks he will get 54k

WBAC = £43k dealers offered 45k reluctantly as they are a hard car to move on now, no one buying them at the moment, cost to finance / insurance isn’t helping either and close to Xmas etc

Cancelled orders are popping up right left and centre from dealers in FB groups.

Not a chance they’ll even get list on these cars now.

My old man has an RS6 Carbon Edition, 2 years old now from new. £117,000, didnt pay that, just less than....had a look there, £60,000 wow

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
My old man has an RS6 Carbon Edition, 2 years old now from new. £117,000, didnt pay that, just less than....had a look there, £60,000 wow

I think if you can ride out the dip you’d probably be ok as prices may recover after Xmas.
It’s the ones who’ve been spanked on big PCP’s who will be hit most after overpaying to the likes of Audi / Auto Addiction etc, the big valuation isn’t going to be there anymore and they aren’t buying as much at the moment, when they just ain’t selling at a premium.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
I think if you can ride out the dip you’d probably be ok as prices may recover after Xmas.
It’s the ones who’ve been spanked on big PCP’s who will be hit most after overpaying to the likes of Audi / Auto Addiction etc, the big valuation isn’t going to be there anymore and they aren’t buying as much at the moment, when they just ain’t selling at a premium.

Was looking at moving on, but with the current valuation, I will just wait. I've taken my car over 4 years so I've another 14 months to go. Tempted to over pay by a small amount and hopefully that negates losses at the end.

Have noticed as you say a lot of RS3s popping up for sale on Autotrader, interesting to see if they can shift them. Heard Audi were increasing rates to 11.5%, unsure if that's true.

Would hate to be coming to an end of a PCP agreement at the moment.

Reactions: 8YARWY and DangerMouseUK
I had a dealer I was friends with offer me a 72 plate RS7 Vorsprung with under 1200 miles on the clock for under 80k - thats 120k of car brand new!!

Was seriously tempted lol but with the way the market is going I think the RS3 will be a slightly better thing to hold onto than either the S3 I was in or that RS7 lol.

But on the plus side I'm guessing there will be some cracking deals coming up soon as the new stock starts to pile up and nothing is shifting.

Reactions: FBF01
Heard from a source at Audi that finance is going up to 11.5/12%?!

On drive the deal for vag cars the discounts that require financing they state 11.5% APR! So must be correct

Reactions: FBF01
Just seen Navarra blue and floret silver are now choices on the configurator but they’ve taken away turbo blue

Oh I like Navarra Blue a lot lol

Would suit a Carbon Black / Vorsprung really well I think . . .

Just had spacers fitted 16mm and 20mm, anyone know where I can get locking bolts that fit or can recommend any. I reckon they need to be 50mm thread like the bolts that came with the spacers. A quick look on amazon came up blank. The garage that did my tyres told me not to bother as they're easy to force off in any case.

Just had spacers fitted 16mm and 20mm, anyone know where I can get locking bolts that fit or can recommend any. I reckon they need to be 50mm thread like the bolts that came with the spacers. A quick look on amazon came up blank. The garage that did my tyres told me not to bother as they're easy to force off in any case.

Something like these?

Something like these?

I've got the wheel bolts mate, it's the security bolts I need, the 4 lockers .

Reactions: Daggerit

Ah sorry, totally misread your post. Maybe these then?

• Love
Reactions: RS03??? and Joey Slats
On my way to a meeting today mine sprang a new series of faults, no Audi pre-sense, no headlight adjust no adaptive cruse control and something else (I can’t remember what). I stopped at the meeting for a couple of hours and all is well on my way home. Anyone else have this happen?

On my way to a meeting today mine sprang a new series of faults, no Audi pre-sense, no headlight adjust no adaptive cruse control and something else (I can’t remember what). I stopped at the meeting for a couple of hours and all is well on my way home. Anyone else have this happen?
Doesn't sound the same, but I do find that mine throws up a bunch of pre-sense, headlight and traffic sign recognition faults when the camera for them hasn't quite managed to demist yet. A blast of the windscreen demist button usually solves it fairly quickly, but I don't know if it's the same as your issue.

Doesn't sound the same, but I do find that mine throws up a bunch of pre-sense, headlight and traffic sign recognition faults when the camera for them hasn't quite managed to demist yet. A blast of the windscreen demist button usually solves it fairly quickly, but I don't know if it's the same as your issue.

I was half an hour into an hour journey and had just gone over some rough road surface but the car was warm. I always drive with the AC on so I don’t think it could be the same, could it? I’ll see if it happens today on a shorter stop start multi meeting journey. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Daggerit
lol ceramics = 75k
ea80e609b0424cae04a09ba2352e9cc9.jpg

Crazy money for a hatchback, I would have thought the ar## end of the car market may have settled down now with cars/vans being priced sensibly. Clearly not

Remember Sean, they cheaped out on the ceramics and only bothered do to the front axel mate
Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Crazy money for a hatchback, I would have thought the ar## end of the car market may have settled down now with cars/vans being priced sensibly. Clearly not

Remember Sean, they cheaped out on the ceramics and only bothered do to the front axel mate

lol so true.

Imagine the scenario in a few years whereby owners are buying these and suddenly there’s a ceramic issue and they get a quote to replace

Reactions: DW81
I'm sure the ceramics were around £4600 upgrade option on the 8v.2.
Just pulled up the price from LLL parts site
afa6431db335464a5ee492440d38d33a.jpg
f8037c9b6630b27603f8b0b7c4299120.jpg

lol are you a lawyer for Racechip then

hahahahahah, luckily no...

just canvasing as to whether a racechip GTS was a good mod or not... or somethign like the Racingline box as well...

keep asking Revo, but no movement there until they pop the ecu themselves i guess.

I would have expected 'someone' to have cracked it by now, I know the latest Motorcycle ecu's are proving hard work as well, some can only be written to and not read, they have to 'read' them by observing/logging parameteres whilst the bike is running

I would have expected 'someone' to have cracked it by now, I know the latest Motorcycle ecu's are proving hard work as well, some can only be written to and not read, they have to 'read' them by observing/logging parameteres whilst the bike is running

But Mike you’ve got to remember, they really do not want these cars messed with on this platform, hence the sending away to 3rd parties.